GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
My buds car is running 225/35/19s on the bronze wheels you see pictured.

He's borrowing my H&R Super sports for the time being. Looks great.

trill

Passed Driver's Ed
MORE PICS OF THE CAR ON THE BRONZE WHEELS PLS

just touge

Passed Driver's Ed
Fitment would be a lot better if you could redrill. Tires will poke about 20mm. I'm running 17x8 +30 and 225/45 @24" FTG, with this setup fronts were rubbing a lot. Had to cut the fender liner and roll the fronts.

With DG's I should sit about an 1" higher. Can I do camber correction and possibly run a slimmer tire? I know the rear camber is adjustable but have had difficulty finding info about the front. -1 camber all around would probably take some of that poke out. Ug. :(

nosliw

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys, do you think i should go 235/40 instead of 225/40?

Tires will be Yokohama AD08R and wheels are 18x8 et 43. Cars is DCC equipped and will be lowered on DG springs

I like meatier tires, but AD08R tends to run wider so Im afraid 235 will be too wide for my 8" wheels

karter5

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking at getting wheels for my golf. I'm lowered on H&R sport cup kit and currently on stock wheels ( 205/55/r16 ) FTG in front is ~24.5" and ~24.75 in the back. I already bought 225/45/r17 's since there was a sale over here.

Looking at getting TSW nurburgring's instead of team dynamics now because they were out of stock and will take 2 months for the order :(

will 17x8 not rub without rolling the fenders?
thanks in advance

karter5

Passed Driver's Ed
^^^

17x8, ET45 should fit no issues.

Common size

Awesome thanks! I just cant visualize the extra wheel width fitting on the car [emoji28]

Scootie

Ready to race!
Fronts: 8,5 x 19" ET45 with 235/35-19"
Rear: 9,5 x 19" ET45 with 265/30-19"

Would that fit? Does 9,5x19" even fit in the back at all? If so, at what ET?

Dunno on the lowering part but I wanna go lower than I'm now on my original GTI-setup @ 18"..

Last edited:

trill

Passed Driver's Ed
My buds car is running 225/35/19s on the bronze wheels you see pictured.

He's borrowing my H&R Super sports for the time being. Looks great.

Any more pictures of the white/bronze GTI?

Dannysstylez

Passed Driver's Ed
Im looking at a set of wheels, can you guys tell me if they fit or if i need any fender work. Specs are 18x8.5 et30 & 18x9.5 et30. Im currently lowered on Eibach Sportline springs. Thanks

TakmaN

Ready to race!
Im looking at a set of wheels, can you guys tell me if they fit or if i need any fender work. Specs are 18x8.5 et30 & 18x9.5 et30. Im currently lowered on Eibach Sportline springs. Thanks

I'm pretty sure there will be fender rolling/pulling and liner trimming involved along with quite a bit of camber. The rears are pretty dang aggressive.

BathroomTile

Does anyone know the scrub radius or king pin inclination (KPI) of a stock MKVI GTI on the 18" Detroits?

I tried using the search function (and Google) but couldn't find that info. I'm hoping someone in this thread knows!