GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP!! DEALER HAS CAR FOR MORE THAN 1 MONTH

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
I want to know what you guys think i should do. Il make it quick too.

My car shuts down on highway i tow it my mechanic bc i heard a ticking noise. He says timing chain tensioner looks like its going to fail but hasnt. He mentioned to me he has a relationship with a certain mod friendly VW dealer and i tow the car there since its still under warranty. 1 week goes by i hear nothing about the car. Week 2 servise manager tells me Cambridge screen fell out causing car to make noise and stall. He says its under warranty. I told them while in there to replace timing chain tensioner. Calls me back end of week 2 car is ready for pickup. I pick up vehicle pay for the amount agreed for timing chain tensioner replacement. They bring out the car and is making the same exact noise. I speak to the tech he says car sounds better than b4. So i leave the car. My biggest regret should of taken it some where else. End of week 4 they replaced all 16 lifters but the car still has noise. Wtf should i do? Leave the car? Take the car somewhere else? Pull the car out and just fix myself? Help!!! Its been 1 month already wtf!!!. The mechanic sounds like a total idiot. And the manager basically telling me its going to take a while with no time frame whats so ever. Feels like they are doing w.e the f-ck they want and that i should be kissing there ass for doing w.e they are doing. Should a car take more than 1 month getting repaird at a dealer?

Jaber

Modero
Think you already know what you have to do. Take your car back and take it somewhere else. Or get VWOA involved and see if they're able to help.

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
Think you already know what you have to do. Take your car back and take it somewhere else. Or get VWOA involved and see if they're able to help.

I was thinking about talking to VWOA but the car is tuned. Didn't want the dealer to throw me under the bus for that. But i think im going to pull the car out.

Last edited:

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
If they aren't sure where the sound is coming from and theyre telling you no timeframe, Id be out. Any videos of the sound? how many miles are on your car?

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
If they aren't sure where the sound is coming from and theyre telling you no timeframe, Id be out. Any videos of the sound? how many miles are on your car?

Pulled the car out today. Car has 46,xxx miles. They werent even working on the car. I towed it to another dealer that is an apr mod friendly. They will work on the car tomorrow. I dont have a video but the dealer i dropped it off at seemed real concerned over customer service. I can not wait to complain to VW of North America after my car is done about the other dealer.

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
Update:

Pulled the car to another dealer they said the timing chain stretched. They did the work under warranty. They called me back and told me that cylinder 1 detonated bc of the k04. And that i will need a new engine not covered under warranty for $6700. FML

Last edited:

Uberryan

Banned
daaaaaang

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Update:

Pulled the car to another dealer they said the timing chain stretched. They did the work under warranty. They called me back and told me that cylinder 1 detonated bc of the k04. And that i will need a new engine not covered under warranty for $6700. FML

What tune were you using for the K04?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk