GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Time Has Come! Finally!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Okay here's a quick question: Before I take the car home could I swap out the RNS-315 for an RNS-510? I know they are fully compatible. Could they make it work as flawless as the RNS-315 with the steering wheel controls? I would code but I don't want to buy a $200 cable, so for now I would just like to get it done there.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
You could have them swap it. Though I believe the RNS-510 is like $2000 from the dealer. I'd think they could get it to work just as well, but you're liable to pay out the arse to get all that done at the dealer. If you don't care about Nav and just want a bigger screen, I'd suggest a RCD-510. Thats the larger screen non nav radio. Also called a Premium 8 I believe. Those can be had for around $400 in the classifieds.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
You could have them swap it. Though I believe the RNS-510 is like $2000 from the dealer. I'd think they could get it to work just as well, but you're liable to pay out the arse to get all that done at the dealer. If you don't care about Nav and just want a bigger screen, I'd suggest a RCD-510. Thats the larger screen non nav radio. Also called a Premium 8 I believe. Those can be had for around $400 in the classifieds.

Also considering that.. It would be good to have the Nav though.. I'll think; I have until Sunday so..

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Just got back from the dealership. Contract signed. Deal done. Car has 8 miles, we have paid $28,700 in total. This comes with the splash guards, monster mats, first-aid kit, and the "CarGo" blocks. They are going down to the DMV for plates and registration. Also needs to be cleaned. Tomorrow night I'm picking her up. Test drove the car today with dealer plates and set up my, personal settings, etc.. Can't wait! Pics to come Monday night. Garage space cleared.

Edit: Car also comes with Lagunas, they even asked if I wanted to swap for Serrons, free of charge. I don't think I'll do an RNS-510 swap, I like the RNS-315, I really can't see why I would need an RNS-510 other than for the screen size.

Last edited:

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Congrats! Hopefully they don't drink your front bumper...

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
I think he meant drill for license plate holes

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Pics of the car. I'm still in shock. Love this car, I'm extremely thankful, I'm going to take amazing care of her :D

Photo Feb 24, 6 09 29 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 24, 6 10 14 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 24, 6 20 14 PM.jpg

Feels like yesterday when I was on these forums just starting off in October, worrying about availability and all. Time really flies. Fast.

I'll be doing some small stuff starting after my finals this week, like seat wrench inserts, etc.. I plan on also making a build thread as I plan to do a lot of these small things, as well as keep a journal for the car & how it's doing, etc..

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
congrats on the car and for having such awesome parents for letting you to drive a quick car. now change that signature and drives section!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
congrats on the car and for having such awesome parents for letting you to drive a quick car. now change that signature and drives section!

Yeah haha! Honestly She is my baby. Garaged, no eating/drinking in there, honestly taking perfect care of her. Almost broke down in tears at the dealership today. Best day of my life, I greatly appreciate it, and so far it's brought a mass amount of joy into me haha! :D :happyanim:

I feel like prancing around in joy... I go down to look around the car and just admire it every hour or so.. Is this normal? :lol:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Yes. :D

When you've finally gotten exactly what you wanted... that's how you feel.

Honestly can't help walking around it and marveling at it haha. I feel accomplished. Well, almost. College degree, High School degree, now those are accomplishments.