Fitting new springs to new shocks

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I’m in need of a bit of advice!
I’ve bought some
eibach sportline springs E20-85-014-01-22
and
bilstein B4 shocks 22-183729
along with some OEM Sachs top mount/bearings with the intention of not having do disassemble the old springs/shocks, all fine so far (I’m not interested with straying far from OEM), my concern is that I’m able to tighten the top mount and bearing completely onto the shock and spring without using spring compressors! Is this normal or I’m I missing something vitally important?? thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
That's normal. You're fine.

Ok, that’s great, can you elaborate as to why this is? I thought compressors would be needed regardless of spring or strut being use! Surely this would mean that they could also be removed without compression? (These ones at least).

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Ok, that’s great, can you elaborate as to why this is? I thought compressors would be needed regardless of spring or strut being use! Surely this would mean that they could also be removed without compression? (These ones at least).

The springs are shorter than oem, the shock extends oem length or shorter.

I've installed various springs on 30 or more cars on this platform, never had to use spring compressors to remove the oem's either.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for your replies jay! This is one of the things I’d not like to get wrong! Just need the time to fit them now.