GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

tBass84

Ready to race!
Not sure cause i dont have projectors to start with. Which is why i want those. The base halogens look like crap and ive been in love with projectors and leds for the past 4 years.

But just incase im doing highline cecm first which i know has the ability to code for leds front and rear as well as some other stuff i havent been able to enable. Like all doors unlocking when i get out of drivers door. And puddle lamps, which i have but havent bothered to run the wire yet cause i havent bothered to take my door card off. Im doing it only once and thats when im swapping to nicer speakers and an amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did puddle and door lights and LED tails no issues with coding. I wasn’t able to do the 5 times signal when tapping and all doors open when opening with key. Other than that no issues

tBass84

Ready to race!
Those look like mine, if so the case is designed specifically to fit the VW Halogen sockets. They actually fit better than the VW halogen bulbs, if thats any indication.

I was advised by the seller to cut a hole in the rubber dust boot to ensure proper cooling for long device life. I've actually been running with the rubber dust boots installed since I got them but now since the weather is getting to 80F, I'm going to remove the rubber dust boots, I'll likely but them back on for the cold winter months.

I had those for a week and returned them. They were throwing light all over the place. In my opinion LED bulbs in Halogen housings just don’t work. The housings weren’t made for LEDs.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07BCX3XLW/ref=oh_aui_i_r_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hence why I’m getting the Osram headlights with actual LED projectors [emoji3]

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I had those for a week and returned them. They were throwing light all over the place. In my opinion LED bulbs in Halogen housings just don’t work. The housings weren’t made for LEDs.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07BCX3XLW/ref=oh_aui_i_r_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hence why I’m getting the Osram headlights with actual LED projectors [emoji3]
Sorry to hear, three VW neighbors my area now using them and no problems, but been working great for me :happyanim:.

We just got back from cottage country in the rain and they make a world of difference.

I'm not cafe racer who cares how they look, just want something that works and don't have to break the freaking bank over headlights.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Quickly retorqued the knock sensor bolts tonight to 20nm (15 ft-lbs) to hopefully stop the P0327 error codes we've been getting since washing the engine. Since my Son got home late i had to do this with the engine hot so not a fun job beside the exhaust manifold.

Video of where to find the Knock Sensors
https://youtu.be/p5LLH_E_lLI

Drove my MK6 to take my GISP Certification Exam today. Passed! And I didn't even study.
Congrats, Smart guy ! Were you rocking it all the way to the exam?

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Does that mean it's tune time?
It wasn't ideal to retorque on a warm engine, but I have access to the car so little now, we'll see if the Errors go away, if not I will have to replace the sensors, before I can Tune.

This code couldn't come at a worst time, lots to do including working on the 2.0T, I need to return the damaged head to get my $600 core credit back from Deutsche Auto Parts, I'm planning to drop it off personally on my way to SC at the end of the month. After removing the turbo from the 2.0T gets me thinking about adding turbo..., spoke to IROZ about an adapter for the TTRS turbo.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Last night engine light flashed, scanned and said cylinder 4 misfire. Guess its time for spark plugs and coils. Question: Where is the best place to get em online? germanoem.ca has red top oem coils for 185 (set of 5) and boch plugs for 35 (set of 5) so all in with tax and shipping came out to 270. I see on usp website they sell a kit of red top coils and ngk plugs set of 5 each for 149.00 USD. Why so much cheaper than germanoem website?

Are these "red top coils" the r8 ones or are they just red?

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
I got my red tops from German OEM......I also run the NGK PZFR5J-11. I did them both at 120K. Felt improvement, but, hard to single out one or the other. I also started running exclusively premium fuel at this point. Throttle response has been much sharper.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
I got my red tops from German OEM......I also run the NGK PZFR5J-11. I did them both at 120K. Felt improvement, but, hard to single out one or the other. I also started running exclusively premium fuel at this point. Throttle response has been much sharper.

Im @ 121K right now. Those NGK Plugs are expensive though. Unless I'm looking at the wrong site. All in how much did it cost you to do this?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
I got a free shipping coupon at German OEM when i bought the coils. I think I found the plugs for something like $80 shipped from Clubplug.ca, again some incentives attached when I bought them. The NGK might be overkill. Bosch at $35 seems like a great deal.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
I got a free shipping coupon at German OEM when i bought the coils. I think I found the plugs for something like $80 shipped from Clubplug.ca, again some incentives attached when I bought them. The NGK might be overkill. Bosch at $35 seems like a great deal.

Thanks, gonna hit them up and see if they can give me a code for some savings, I guess I'll go with the Bosch plugs.

Is this something that a noob can do (like me) or should I take it somewhere to get them installed?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
haha.....I have a guy, so I'm the wrong guy to ask. I don't think it's terribly difficult for plugs. Coils are dead simple.

Let me ask you this: Have you ever done your valve cover gasket? Mine was starting to fail at 120K I had oil on three of my original coils, and surprisingly hadn't thrown a code yet. Might be worth doing this as well if your doing coils and plugs. I saw "FlowMK6" just installed an updated gasket...this is low cost. Also the PCV fix is a go-to cheap, piece of mind replacement as well.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
haha.....I have a guy, so I'm the wrong guy to ask. I don't think it's terribly difficult for plugs. Coils are dead simple.

Let me ask you this: Have you ever done your valve cover gasket? Mine was starting to fail at 120K I had oil on three of my original coils, and surprisingly hadn't thrown a code yet. Might be worth doing this as well if your doing coils and plugs. I saw "FlowMK6" just installed an updated gasket...this is low cost. Also the PCV fix is a go-to cheap, piece of mind replacement as well.

Ya I got the MAP sensor code so I changed the MAP sensor and PCV Diaphram but days later the engine light came back on. It comes on and turns off when it wants. When the light is off I sometimes get a rough idle for a bit but when the light is on the car runs better for some reason.