GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally got it! :)

Awry

Ready to race!
I picked up my car at the dealers yesterday. They did an awesome job with the detailing. I'm very happy. Car is a lot better then I thought and the dynaudio is nice.

I've gotten a few questions about the tail lights so I'll explain. These are the original GTI LED tail lights that come standard along with xenons. The R LEDs are a bit darker in color.

Here's a couple of pics I took at the dealers and a random parking spot. I only had my Ixus with me but I'll probably post some better pics with my DLSR later. :)

Last edited:

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
u guys can get the LED tails from the factory?

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
90k?

jebus

great looking car, congrats

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Yes. LED and Xenon is standard but before you think I'm lucky consider that GTI's cost about 90k USD around here normally specced. :p

Yeah I know you guys pay a lot more and have a lot more options than us. I just always thought the LEDs were reserved for the R only. I would've loved to even have the option of upgrading. And yours even comes standard!

But yes, 90k is a tough pill to swallow.

(sooomebody's rich! :lol:)

Awry

Ready to race!
Yeah I know you guys pay a lot more and have a lot more options than us. I just always thought the LEDs were reserved for the R only. I would've loved to even have the option of upgrading. And yours even comes standard!

But yes, 90k is a tough pill to swallow.

(sooomebody's rich! :lol:)

There are actually two different LEDs for the GTI and R. They are the same except for a small difference in color. The GTI LED is a tad lighter and the R LED are a bit darker. If you smoke the GTI LED you'd probably be close to the R LED. If you're going to order these make sure you get the one you prefer. :)

I'm having tons of fun on this GTI. It's really tight and everything feels well put together. I can't seem to "hear" the sound generator though. Most of the sound I get from the exhaust in the rear. I don't know if it's just me but it seems that the sound is getting better. :D

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Oh ok. Thanks for the headsup! :w00t:

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
I just dont understand why US doesn't get silver :confused:

My2ndGTI

Ready to race!
Hey Awry, did you take the carpet that the car was parked on in the showroom. Would be classic to put the carpet down on your driveway when you park for the night!

Nice car!!!

Awry

Ready to race!
Hey Awry, did you take the carpet that the car was parked on in the showroom. Would be classic to put the carpet down on your driveway when you park for the night!

Nice car!!!

I noticed the carpet as well as I entered the showroom. No idea why it was there. That was the first time I saw my car. Dealer did a great job detailing it. Pictures don't do it justice.

I ordered carbon grey but I changed to silver a week before my build. I liked having more contrast between the black grille in the front and the paint. The thing I like about silver is that it looks awesome when reflecting light and changes the mood according to the weather. It looks best during sunny days and sunsets but may be a bit bland on cloudy days.

Today a sea gull crapped on my car. Damn them! :lol:

gkallis

Ready to race!
wait! theres no way its 90K! thats like price of a porsche...What kind of options do that get? a driver? foot massage? a little poodle in the back? i dont get it lol