GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pothole+GTI=Flat tire

Delta0Medusa

Ready to race!
Got a flat today going over a pothole that was literally a foot deep and couldn't be seen from car eye level. :mad0259:

Anyways, the tire cant be patched cause its a side puncture. Looks like ill have to get a new one. In the mean time, my GTI has the ghetto black doughnut tire appearance.
Photo Mar 02, 15 58 53.jpg
Photo Mar 02, 15 58 58.jpg

Scumby

Passed Driver's Ed
Sucks, man! Happened to me twice in less than a month. Luckily tires from Costco come with road hazard warranty, so I didn't have to pay full price to replace them. Did you get a tire/wheel warranty with the car?

Delta0Medusa

Ready to race!
Sucks, man! Happened to me twice in less than a month. Luckily tires from Costco come with road hazard warranty, so I didn't have to pay full price to replace them. Did you get a tire/wheel warranty with the car?

I don't think so. I plan on filing a claim with the town cause they're responsible for the roads and this pothole is ridiculous. Good thing it my car only has 3400 miles so i should only need one tire.

GolfingMK6

Ready to race!
I guess on the bright side, its only a tire. Potholes around here have been known to do some serious damage. Still sucks though, i can level with you there.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Damn a foot deep, I'd be more concerned with alignment and suspension/wheel damage than a flat.

Scumby

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think so. I plan on filing a claim with the town cause they're responsible for the roads and this pothole is ridiculous. Good thing it my car only has 3400 miles so i should only need one tire.

How does one go about filing a claim with a town? I can imagine one would get transferred to 1,000 different departments after being told you were transferred to the wrong department 999 times. What is the likely hood of them reimbursing your for the cost of a new tire? I'm so down to try this!

misaka

Ready to race!
This is why I let me dealer con me into tire and wheel insurance... already used it once lol... and those foot deep potholes are common around here.

09vdubgti

Banned
The town isn't going to do anything, with low profile tires its always a smart investment on getting some sort of road hazard protection on them.

09vdubgti

Banned
This is why I let me dealer con me into tire and wheel insurance... already used it once lol... and those foot deep potholes are common around here.

Yea use it once or twice and it pays itself off, I used the whole 2k cap on mine. Within 2years.

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!
I used the whole 2k cap on mine. Within 2years.

I had no idea some came with a cap. Never heard of that in my part of the country...