GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2015 MK6 GTI with a Tune question

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
If you’re that worried just flash it back to stock, like stated before it all depends on the dealer. If you do take it in tuned and they do the work under warranty it’s still going to be flashed back to stock so you’ll be back on stock tune regardless. I’ve had warranty work done while tuned with no issues. Goodluck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
If you’re that worried just flash it back to stock, like stated before it all depends on the dealer. If you do take it in tuned and they do the work under warranty it’s still going to be flashed back to stock so you’ll be back on stock tune regardless. I’ve had warranty work done while tuned with no issues. Goodluck

once you flash the ecu thought it still alter your flash counter which will flag in the system regardless if you go back to stock or not but anyway I havent heard of too many people having issues with the 120k intake mani warranty modded or not.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
once you flash the ecu thought it still alter your flash counter which will flag in the system regardless if you go back to stock or not but anyway I havent heard of too many people having issues with the 120k intake mani warranty modded or not.

Yea he’ll be fine. I had that done while tuned.

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
If you do take it in tuned and they do the work under warranty it’s still going to be flashed back to stock so you’ll be back on stock tune regardless. I’ve had warranty work done while tuned with no issues. Goodluck

wait what? why would they flash me back to stock? i doubt they would do that, anyone have experience with the dealer flashing their cars back to stock?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
wait what? why would they flash me back to stock? i doubt they would do that, anyone have experience with the dealer flashing their cars back to stock?

They flash it back to stock to insure everything is back to normal or something. I mean it’s not a big deal just take it back to be reflashed. If your tuner is cool he probably won’t charge you or might just charge the reflash fee like $40-$50

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
okay so i have an update, the car got dropped back off at vw on saturday with the check engine on but it was still driving fine. got a call from vw today and they said that they were able to read the P2015 code for themselves and will cover the work under warranty. i also have asked them to do a carbon cleaning since its there and like half the price, so hopefully when i get it back its all good.

as for the tune, he said if i had an electrical fault with the intake manifold thats when the warranty would be denied because of the tune, but since its a mechanical fault with the arm it will be covered.

as for re-flashing to stock, the service manger said they do not do that as this is a mechanical repair and they will only clear the code. i guess when i pick it up ill have to go for a rip and see if its tuned still lol

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
picked the car up about an hour ago, car is still tuned lol car feels buttery smooth now.

thanks to everyone that shared their experiences. im gonna go ahead and recommend VW Maple to anyone in the Toronto GTA area. they were a breeze to deal with and got the car done in a timely matter.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
If you do take it in tuned and they do the work under warranty it’s still going to be flashed back to stock so you’ll be back on stock tune regardless. I’ve had warranty work done while tuned with no issues. Goodluck

I've not had a Dealer flash back to stock in either of the two times I've had warranty work performed on the intake. & I took it to Martingrove VW & Pickering VW for warranty intake work.
They figured out it was tuned just from driving it without the scan however the scan confirmed it. The Service manager asked and I was up front about it. Warranty is paid by from VW anyways so as long as they can show the P2015 code and you're not tagged TD1 you should get the car back with the tune. They would need your consent in Canada to make any ecu changes.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
picked the car up about an hour ago, car is still tuned lol car feels buttery smooth now.

thanks to everyone that shared their experiences. im gonna go ahead and recommend VW Maple to anyone in the Toronto GTA area. they were a breeze to deal with and got the car done in a timely matter.

Glad everything worked out. VW Maple is another good VW repair facility to go to when you have mods