GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
HERE is the Video, decide for your self. You can replace the rubber gasket and the PCV Diaphragm for less than a third of the price of a a new VW Valve Cover.
Wow it only ~$60 for the gasket and diaphragm. That's has been added to the to-do list

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Don't forget the fuel filter and the valve cover gasket.

:lol: I though you were taking it easy.

How you enjoy going back to IE Stage1?

Well. The Golf is done and running great. The Harley is done as well, so I might as well finish the Willys.

Stage 1 is great. Not as much fun to drive wihout the IM but the gas mileage has been great which is nice as gas is almost $5 a gallon right now where I live. I have mainly been riding the Harley though while the weather is nice.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Well. The Golf is done and running great. The Harley is done as well, so I might as well finish the Willys.

Stage 1 is great. Not as much fun to drive wihout the IM but the gas mileage has been great which is nice as gas is almost $5 a gallon right now where I live. I have mainly been riding the Harley though while the weather is nice.
I only drive the Golf now and then when my Son isn't using it, been driving our new Honda Accord mostly, ya i know it's turbo but it's a car for grown ups and that turbo engine from the factory puts out more power and comparable to a Stage1 GTI and gets better gas mileage on every turn of the wheel than any TSI can. Just added a rear sway bar, we won't tune the engine coz it's leased but waiting for one of those dongle things to plug onto the ECU and sensors.

Last edited:

marksix

Passed Driver's Ed
My Mk6 is starting to piss me off now. After replacing a link and bushings now I need to replace rear coil springs and strut bearings. Only 135k kms on the car. Quebec winters/roads suck.

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
My Mk6 is starting to piss me off now. After replacing a link and bushings now I need to replace rear coil springs and strut bearings. Only 135k kms on the car. Quebec winters/roads suck.
I replaced my endlinks in the rear and have to replace springs soon too. Wonder if it's just a think that happens. From Ontario here. And sitting roughly 250k km with all original shit lol

marksix

Passed Driver's Ed
I replaced my endlinks in the rear and have to replace springs soon too. Wonder if it's just a think that happens. From Ontario here. And sitting roughly 250k km with all original shit lol

That's not bad at all man lol. I'd say your springs served you well.

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
New rims and tires today, picked them up second hand. Winter tires are some cheap Chinese ones but they'll do their job. Gonna do my rear brakes today! After lifting I'm going to get some 215/65r16 tires on there.

Last edited:

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Just thought I'd post some photos of my rust bucket as I do my brakes. I think I need a new anti swaybar.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
New rims and tires today, picked them up second hand. Winter tires are some cheap Chinese ones but they'll do their job. Gonna do my rear brakes today! After lifting I'm going to get some 215/65r16 tires on there.

Why are you going with 65 series tires? Curious. On my 16's i use 205/55

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Im getting some lightly used Tiguan springs on Saturday for $150. Anyone know where I can get them installed that won't break the bank?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Im getting some lightly used Tiguan springs on Saturday for $150. Anyone know where I can get them installed that won't break the bank?
I believe I already recommended Altech Automotive to you; 416-231-1611, 384 Olivewood Rd., Etobicoke, ON