GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG - Jerky upshift after Stage 2 tune

MMKAY6

Ready to race!
Bueller? Anyone have an idea? About to just slap the stock DP back on, go stage 1 and call it at day.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Yea im with you Id love an answer. Mine did it once in a blue moon in stage 1. Was hoping the stage 2 flash would make it go away but no. I was strongly considering getting an AP and stratified tune but it sounds like people with all types pf tunes are running into this. Did you ask stratified? From what ive seen on the forums they are responsive and helpful

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Cobb Stage 1+ is the only tune that didn't mess with the DSG upshifts for me. Stratified tune was horrible, lots of clunky and rough shifts, did not play nicely with my car.

MMKAY6

Ready to race!
Yea im with you Id love an answer. Mine did it once in a blue moon in stage 1. Was hoping the stage 2 flash would make it go away but no. I was strongly considering getting an AP and stratified tune but it sounds like people with all types pf tunes are running into this. Did you ask stratified? From what ive seen on the forums they are responsive and helpful

I did contact Stratified and they are very responsive but they said that their tune doesn't affect the TCU (which is correct) and that the jerky upshift could be due to the additional torque and to look into a DSG tune.
I'm honestly at the point of just going back to Stage 1 permanently just to get smooth shifts again as I'm not about to dump money into a DSG tune.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I did contact Stratified and they are very responsive but they said that their tune doesn't affect the TCU (which is correct) and that the jerky upshift could be due to the additional torque and to look into a DSG tune.

I'm honestly at the point of just going back to Stage 1 permanently just to get smooth shifts again as I'm not about to dump money into a DSG tune.
A dsg tune is the equivalent or doing a clutch...can't really get around it to be honest

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Update: i also suffered these symptoms when i was stratified tuned. Got IE DSG tune and the issue stilled persisted. Long story short I changed from stratified to IE stage 2 and the issue completely went away! I was blown away. Matching IE ecu and dsg tune was the best decision i made. I figured it was an issue with stratified because that jerky/bucking shift wasn't apparent when i tried to cobbs OTS.

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie

Hmm... I'm not sure how a tune could affect how your DSG would shift. Maybe it's an oil issue? I am stage 2 Stratified and have not encountered any jerky upshifts. I have 64k miles on a 2013 DSG. For a data point, I changed the DSG oil myself to make sure that it's filled properly... Call me crazy for not trusting a dealer mechanic.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Hmm... I'm not sure how a tune could affect how your DSG would shift. Maybe it's an oil issue? I am stage 2 Stratified and have not encountered any jerky upshifts. I have 64k miles on a 2013 DSG. For a data point, I changed the DSG oil myself to make sure that it's filled properly... Call me crazy for not trusting a dealer mechanic.
The tune literally controls everything

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
The tune literally controls everything

Very much this. People have different DSG behavior with different tunes, and there is constant communication between the ECU and the TCU.

My guess (based on my own impressions of my problematic APR V2.4 ECU tune) is for tunes that go over 260 ft-lb of torque without a TCU tune, the ECU may be programmed to misrepresent to the TCU how much torque is being commanded/delivered, and how well the ECU lies to the TCU may be a factor in driveability issues. Related to this, my guess is that re-running the TCU adaptation sequence helps the TCU learn the way that the tuned ECU reports the (potentially faked) torque.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!

Based on opinions posted on this forum, the Stratified tune is among the very best in terms of driveability and smoothness with an un-tuned DSG. For those of us (myself included) who have been through a few versions of tunes (even the same tune changing behavior over time, running extremely well immediately after a flash but developing problems days to weeks later), it is abundantly clear that the ECU tune plays a massive role in the perceived DSG behavior.

JamarGTI

Also having the same problem with a stratified tune. I’l try flashing back to a cobb stage 1 tune and see if i still feel it

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk