GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 GTI already sittin in the Service Shop

N8ive Creech

Passed Driver's Ed
So i have had my 11' GTI for about two weeks now and got to say im pretty disappointed. Its in the shop right now because i have a failed pressure pump that is located in the gas tank. Apparently it pressurizes the tank so no stale air stays in the tank causing any problems in the engine. So i'm sitting here driving a 2010 TDI (which is still a nice vehicle) but its not the GTI. I hope this isn't a hint of whats to come in my ownership of my first VDUB.

dwp2

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear that, but you just got a bad part. I haven't heard of anybody else having a problem with this, except for the noise after a cold start.

I know how you feel though, my armrest broke at 150 miles. It was stuck in the up position and I couldn't get the latch to release, so I put some more force on it and "snap" the plastic clip around the hinge shot out and hit the dashboard. I was like "damn, I knew I shouldn't of bought a VW". But it's been a really good car, just some issues with the door (wind noise, hopefully getting fixed on Monday, and squeaky door seals, which after some conditioner went away).

N8ive Creech

Passed Driver's Ed
Ya i hope thats all this ends up being. Is just a bad part. I really love the car. But i cant help but kinda worry. Its my first VDUB and everyone kept warning me about the reliabilty. And here i am two weeks in with a loaner car. I'll post an update once i get the car back.

Boo1

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear about this. A couple things: we (should) know going into these cars there is a better chance of something going wrong. It is what is is. That said, I don't think VW's are as unreliable as many people would tell you. I've got 12,700+ trouble free miles on mine.

Also, and this is the key- reliable cars (like Toyotas) don't put a smile on your face. My GTi makes me happy every time I see it.

ncelk

Sorry to hear about this. A couple things: we (should) know going into these cars there is a better chance of something going wrong. It is what is is. That said, I don't think VW's are as unreliable as many people would tell you. I've got 12,700+ trouble free miles on mine.

Also, and this is the key- reliable cars (like Toyotas) don't put a smile on your face. My GTi makes me happy every time I see it.

Exactly!

Veryspeedy

Ready to race!

so you get all emotional over your car every time you see it ??

few, i have not even got mine yet and i feel as if i am in love...

crap did i just say that ha ha

p.s i have a toyota and i can confirm i don't smile when i see it.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Just to prove your stereotype wrong, there are many variables that go into the reliability of VWs, and any make for that matter. You just got lucky. You can find a million VW owners that will tell you the opposing view, but much fewer that will dictate what you've been told. The only issues I've had with mine were my foglight switch was broken when the salesman handed the keys over to me.

so you get all emotional over your car every time you see it ??

few, i have not even got mine yet and i feel as if i am in love...

crap did i just say that ha ha

p.s i have a toyota and i can confirm i don't smile when i see it.

It's a VeeDub thing. ;)

The only reason I smile at my Toyota is because of my Boston Acoustic/JL Audio 9 speaker system that I put in.

jasunto

Ready to race!
Im glad to see im not the only one with wind noise issues when driving on the freeway

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I love my GTI <3

people here get shocked when they feel all the torque coming from a small car, it looks innocent to people that are used to seeing mustangs, ect..

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
I feel your pain! On my second ECU already and had to drive a cobalt for 2 weeks but don't be upset, things happen to all cars, no matter if its an european, jap or an american car. I drove an 08 Pontiac G6 (over the weekend) with 25k on it and it felt like complete shit! But heyyy the girl never took it to a dealer for any probs yet. So us driving a very all around put together car that needs few stops at the dealer every once in a while (which is fully covered) is no biggie! Hope u get your car back soon and it all works out!

VWtribal

Ready to race!
im sorry about that:( i have 9500 miles on mine and no problems...and i have a toyota and i allways smile when im driving it! check it out!:bellyroll:

Attachments

• fjdrummer.jpg
    fjdrummer.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 200

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
im sorry about that:( i have 9500 miles on mine and no problems...and i have a toyota and i allways smile when im driving it! check it out!:w00t:

Nice! I would smile at that too.. Must be hell of a fun driving that thing off roads!