GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bye bye mk6 =[

idrummerboy13

Passed Driver's Ed
so yesterday I had quite the journey. Waking up in the hospital, I was told I had been in a accident but still I have no memory of what had happened. On the way to work I was lucky enough to have my neighbor driving in front of me to tell me the story. I swerved over the divider on a 2 lane v 2 lane rd onto the opposite side which ruined my whole car but I left without a scratch. They said I was severely dehydrated and that caused me to loose train of though. Thank god nobody else what hurt and the car served its purpose well. It saved my life.

I finally was getting a custom catback very soon along with going low. It was my love and joy while it lasted but now I wait for insurance to give me what it was worth.

I had the dsg and kind of want the manual because it has always interested me. I do not have a long commute, and really enjoy driving. Even a jetta would make me happy but I am sticking German. Any ideas?

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
Holy shit man. This sounds like something from a movie. Are you sure you're not Rick from The Walking Dead? Do me a favor and say, "Let's do stuff.... Things..." out loud.

Anyway, I'm glad you came out okay. Ironically passing out might have been what saved you because your body limbered up. I think you should consider an Audi. I mean you already had a Volkswagen so why not consider an Audi now? Or you can get a MK7.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
dawm! Glad your ok!

This sounds scary, i thought i was going to read something like, I was driving to work and apparently got T-boned and woke up in the Hospital or something. GLAD thats not the case!!

Hope everything goes well and GL on the next ride.
DRINK.....MORE....WATER!!
I drink about a gallon or more of water a day. I loves me water. No soda.

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
damn. Glad you are okay. Was it in Nassau or Suffolk??

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
I totaled my MK6 GTI a month ago when a semi truck almost hit me. I swerved into a ditch and totaled my car. I bought a mk7 GTI yesterday. Couldn't be more happier with my decision. I would test drive one. Feels very different from the MK6. Here's mine.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
If you insist on staying German... another GTI, 135i, maybe an E46 330 or an E90? What's your budget? A new Golf R would be kind of neat but they won't be here for a bit.

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
I totaled my MK6 GTI a month ago when a semi truck almost hit me. I swerved into a ditch and totaled my car. I bought a mk7 GTI yesterday. Couldn't be more happier with my decision. I would test drive one. Feels very different from the MK6. Here's mine.

Hate you for posting this:wub:

But man glad you're okay.. all that matters. Stuff is straight out of a movie like stated before. I say get a manual MK7, though I still love the DSG

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Sounds more like a petit mal seizure. Scary man...
Yes get a Mk7. They're glorious

idrummerboy13

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea guys it is crazy, but a late night redbull and coffee could have done it, I usually always try to drink water during the day.

My car is worth about 18k and thats about all I want to go for maybe up to 21k for the right car. I love love love the mk6 and could not ask any more of it. It had tons of room, was quick, good mpg and looked awesome. I dought the mk7 could be less than 24k. Maybe another mk6 is for me, or maybe a gli? I really like the new jettas especially when low and slow!

Any ideas?

coachfoxta

Passed Driver's Ed
Similar thing happened to a buddy of mine. Fainted and put his G35 into a tree. Thankfully, he wasn't hurt. Bought a Kia Sorento :(

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Damn, so sorry to hear about this again. I knew it had to be something like dehydration that could cause a pass out like that. Important thing is that you're okay, no injuries.

I'm Trevor, from Instagram. :D

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Yea guys it is crazy, but a late night redbull and coffee could have done it, I usually always try to drink water during the day.

My car is worth about 18k and thats about all I want to go for maybe up to 21k for the right car. I love love love the mk6 and could not ask any more of it. It had tons of room, was quick, good mpg and looked awesome. I dought the mk7 could be less than 24k. Maybe another mk6 is for me, or maybe a gli? I really like the new jettas especially when low and slow!

Any ideas?

Yeah, I had passed out during a blood test not because of the fear of it or whatever, but staying up late, having a lot of coffee. I felt like crap.

For the replacement car, I recommend a Mk6 GTI again. You can't go wrong with them. :D

idrummerboy13

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, I had passed out during a blood test not because of the fear of it or whatever, but staying up late, having a lot of coffee. I felt like crap.

For the replacement car, I recommend a Mk6 GTI again. You can't go wrong with them. :D

yea I know its you lol.

And honestly I want one, but a manual. The dsg is simply amazing but I want to experience a manual. Gti is hard to replace man I only had this one for 4 months about. =[

I just want a sunroof as far as features. I loved mine.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
yea I know its you lol.

And honestly I want one, but a manual. The dsg is simply amazing but I want to experience a manual. Gti is hard to replace man I only had this one for 4 months about. =[

I just want a sunroof as far as features. I loved mine.

Yeah, I agree with you on the manual. Yes, the DSG is an amazing transmission. As far as "automatic" transmissions, it's one of the best, along with Porsche's PDK, which isn't as affordable... :laugh:

I still want a manual transmission, because nothing replaces the feel of shifting gears, using a clutch, etc..

For the sunroof, just look for a GTI with the sunroof/convenience trim package. That's the first trim package that's offered with it. Also, 2010 models are "a la carte" as far as options, so all 2010's are different with what they have.