GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CEL - P0303: Resolved

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Well, I didn't even get a chance to post about this yet and it's already resolved, but figured I'd post it up in case anyone else has this issue.

Coming home from the gym last Wednesday, I got stopped at a light and noticed my car sputtering and sounding like it was running on 3 cylinders (note, my car is warm at this time). Looked down and the CEL is flashing on and off. I start driving again and the CEL stops and the car feels normal again...I was confused at this point because I thought that the coil pack going out didn't typically act like that, but knew that was the first thing to try. Got home and stopped in my driveway, CEL comes back on and it's sputtering and backfiring and misfiring again.

Checked for codes, got P0303. Turned her off, swapped the coilpacks (middle two) turned it back on and cleared codes, checked for codes...P0303...

Now I'm really confused, I have the door propped open and I get a whiff of the exhaust...smells very rich...do a little searching, call up the dealer, and the consensus is...stuck open fuel injector.

Due to the holidays, the VWoA rep was already gone until today, but the dealer wanted to make sure I was covered since I'm flagged TD1. Came back today and was told that it will be covered. :w00t:

I love VW for this, it's been an issue in all the previous generations, I couldn't see it having been caused by the tune, and apparently neither could they, so I am extremely grateful for that. I was more than willing to get the job done at an independent shop and wasn't going to hold it against them if they didn't want to cover it, despite my feelings that it wasn't the tune's fault, but they really came through here and I appreciate it greatly.

That all being said, I haven't seen this as an issue for the 2013 models, has anyone else with 2013's or 2014's experienced this issue yet?