GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bored today so i did some painting...

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
So today i decided i dont want to get my hood notched filled because its too much money and the grill i had didnt look good with the honeycomb. A friend of mine had a stock gti grill in his basment and sold it to me for $50. The Vw emblem and gti emblem were painted black and i didnt like it so i took into my own hand to get some dupli color chrome, clear coat and some sand paper. Here is how it turned out, kind of looks like its color matched rather than chrome.

Enjoy!

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
ill get better ones soon. sorry i had to post something because i was anxious and i get my widsom teeth out tomorrow

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
Oooo that sucks... Enjoy those few painless moments after you come out of the conscious sedation... I remember it was quite fun

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
thanks guys i am doing OK with paint in my lower back, well looks like ill be surfing the fourms for a while

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
Here is my version. I think they turned out great. I used a few coats or ceramic coated black paint for plastics and its thick so it dries quick and smooth. Then I cleared them. Wet sanded them and polished them. Turned out good. Also painted rear screen behind emblem to match the red stripes. I don't have a picture of the rear badge but I will soon. It has the plaid vinyl from Klii Motorwerkes. I will get some day time pictures up soon when I get a chance. For now here they are.

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
^^^ why :iono:

Why not? Be original. I quit worrying about all the posers on here a long time ago when I first got my car and on other forums I have been a member on. I modify my car to look and handle the way I want it to. Originality for some reason is looked down upon unless its part of a trend. If I had the money to do a notch fill and get the badgeless grille then I would. Its a future project I would like to complete. Just gotta save some funds.

YouLikeThis

Passed Driver's Ed
Why not? Be original. I quit worrying about all the posers on here a long time ago when I first got my car and on other forums I have been a member on. I modify my car to look and handle the way I want it to. Originality for some reason is looked down upon unless its part of a trend. If I had the money to do a notch fill and get the badgeless grille then I would. Its a future project I would like to complete. Just gotta save some funds.

Agree with the whole "original thing".. dont get confused, people dont look down upon originality... people look down upon the whole excuse of being original when people dont get that positive attitude toward their mod.... so in essence back to what i said before I really dont know why :iono:

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
Ok I will go that route and just agree. My answer is still why not. LOL screw it really. I saw someone else do it on thier CW with CW background and I figured why not do it red to match the stripes. Now in the day you really cant see this the way you can in the pics. They were taken in my garage at night time so it is much more pronounced. I will get a pic of it during the day so you will see. Its just subtle then. I'm up for doing anything when I'm bored. If I dont like it I can always sand it down and repaint it black, white, anything really or wrap it in vinyl etc. Who knows what might happen next week when I don't have anything to do.