GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*.* Scirocco R Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost) *.*

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Dude this is turning into a really nice build, been following since you started it. An EFR7163 is going to be bonkers!

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Thanks dude, I am preparing a sleeper monster [emoji1]

You can push some serious power with that turbo. I look forward to the dyno chart [emoji6]

I imagine E85 and/or water-meth is in your future with that turbo [emoji13]

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
You can push some serious power with that turbo. I look forward to the dyno chart [emoji6]

I imagine E85 and/or water-meth is in your future with that turbo [emoji13]

It will!
Aquamist WMI [emoji6][emoji41]
Will use 4 port in the IE manifold, another one after the intercooler, maybe on in the TP spacer to reduce the IAT to the minimum

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
It will!
Aquamist WMI [emoji6][emoji41]
Will use 4 port in the IE manifold, another one after the intercooler, maybe on in the TP spacer to reduce the IAT to the minimum

Niiiiccccceeee! That sounds like a good setup. A buddy of mine has the IE manifold, it looks amazing, super high quality.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
I would say that finally I have a good news regarding the TurboZentrum kit.

They contacted me and they will be able to ship the first manifolds very soon in the coming days or to wait more couple of days in order to make sure that the first ones fit perfectly then I can have mine in few days after.

I will wait the other few days in order to be sure that there nothing needed to be fixed.

The point that again the wastegate size come again to my mind, I was decided to go for the 1 bar wastegate and upgrade to the 1.5 bar if needed but now the devil in my head insisted to go for the 1.5 bar one!!

I have to decide very soon before they ship the kit!

Mostic

Go Kart Champion

TurboZentrum already shipped the first batch, and preferred to be in the second one and I will go for the 1.5bat wastegate instead of the standard 1.0bar...

Stay tuned, it seems very close [emoji6]

a3scott20

Ready to race!
Glad to see another EFR7163 setup coming soon :) You will not regret !!

BTW, you have to be careful of that larger housing Turbosmart actuator when fitting the turbo, I am using smaller housing actuator and I saw not much space between actuator and engine block.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion

Thanks man, I am waiting since long time and it's great hearing the everyone having it really likes it that much.

BTW, you have to be careful of that larger housing Turbosmart actuator when fitting the turbo, I am using smaller housing actuator and I saw not much space between actuator and engine block.

I am afraid of the fitting of it too, at the end I went for the 1.0bar turbo smart actuator because I can add more springs if needed but the issue of the larger size of it compare to the OEM BorgWarner still existed!

a3scott20

Ready to race!
I am afraid of the fitting of it too, at the end I went for the 1.0bar turbo smart actuator because I can add more springs if needed but the issue of the larger size of it compare to the OEM BorgWarner still existed!
I think you will need stiffer spring like 1.5bar if you plan running 30+ PSI. It was really pain when I figured out 1bar spring could not reach my goal and had to remove turbo again for actuator exchange. Currently I am running 1.5bar spring and my boost is 33-34PSI up top to 7300RPM. Oh, I use Greddy EBC instead of N75.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic

Mostic and I are doing same build at same time. We are not using same 7163 setup you are using. We won't have same fitment issues as the config is quite different. The Turbozentrum kit looks more like a factory turbo with the integrated exhaust manifold and hot side of turbo being all one piece. In the pic above with all the turbos on the table you can see one of them has the Turbosmart IWG75 mounted on it.

Thanks for the tip on boost. We will start with stiffer springs in the wastegate. I purchased springs for 21psi. I want to see what the turbo can do on the dyno but in reality I will be using my car for track days so I won't be running it at 34psi all day long.

Last edited: