GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 GTI check engine light is on already...

ZombieYoshi

J ust got a 2012 GTI CSG (Used) with 13k miles on it and the check engine light came on... Bad way to start off with a new car but took it in to VW and they said they cant figure out why it's on. Should I be worried?

Merkle

Banned
J ust got a 2012 GTI CSG (Used) with 13k miles on it and the check engine light came on... Bad way to start off with a new car but took it in to VW and they said they cant figure out why it's on. Should I be worried?

Take it to another dealer.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
What dealer is this?! WTF

ZombieYoshi

They told me the same thing. Nothing is coming up in the diagnostic... might software issue or wiring is what I was just told.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
They told me the same thing. Nothing is coming up in the diagnostic... might software issue or wiring is what I was just told.

Car is under warranty... have them fix it.?! Unless they cleared the code and its not coming back.

Merkle

Banned
They should still give you an option of replacing the gauge cluster or a software re-flash or ECU replacement if it's not working properly. Try going back and discussing your options. A dash light that's showing a 'false positive' is just as much an issue as the ECU throwing a code. It's under warranty, something is broken, they need to fix it, end of story.

Last edited:

patarch

Ready to race!
They should still give you an option of replacing the gauge cluster or a software re-flash or ECU replacement if it's not working properly. Try going back and discussing your options. A dash light that's showing a 'false positive' is just as much an issues as the ECU throwing a code. It's under warranty, something is broken, they need to fix it, end of story.

:thumbsup:

ZombieYoshi

I appreciate the help guys. Talked to VW and they said there's a short in the wiring and it'll all be replaced should have my car back tomorrow. They reassured me whatever the problem is, they'll get it fixed at no charge as they should. Thanks Gents.

Merkle

Banned
Glad to hear. It sucks to have a stupid little issue keep you from enjoying a great car.

patarch

Ready to race!
I would of been surprised otherwise..