GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I get an intake or exhaust for sound?

wudini

Passed Driver's Ed
Honestly, the Cobb intake I have on my GTI makes so much front end noise it scares people on the sidewalk when I dump the DV. I was shocked and a little annoyed with how loud it is. I can take a video for you if you'd like.

TheSteezsicle

Honestly, the Cobb intake I have on my GTI makes so much front end noise it scares people on the sidewalk when I dump the DV. I was shocked and a little annoyed with how loud it is. I can take a video for you if you'd like.

Ya a video would be great if you have the time! I haven't really looked into the COBB intake, but I certainly will.

So the general consensus seems to be to get the intake first and reevaluate what I want down the road as far as catback or DP and tune, depending on the money I can throw at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laimface

Ready to race!
Had my resonator removed today.

Here's a quick clip I made whilst driving home. The mic was taped about 12" above one of the exhaust tips.

Car sounds exactly like stock but slightly louder and burbley at low RPM - what it should have been like stock imo. It'll pop nicely on DSG if you ave it!

EDIT: Fixed youtube link

Last edited:

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Resonator delete and intake is perfect and cheap, then get a tune and your set

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
mod all da thingz.

I guess you could stop at an intake and exhaust thou...

BlackedOutZ28

Agreed with the above if you're just looking for sound now. I have the Integrated Engineering intake and have been pleased with the sound of it. I also did a resonator delete for a little more sound until I decide the next upgrade I want.

Muratti

Ready to race!

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Had my resonator removed today.

Here's a quick clip I made whilst driving home. The mic was taped about 12" above one of the exhaust tips.

Car sounds exactly like stock but slightly louder and burbley at low RPM - what it should have been like stock imo. It'll pop nicely on DSG if you ave it!

EDIT: Fixed youtube link

#DSG Fart!

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Open filter intake for turbo noises. Catless dowpipe with a Borla catback for loud AF noises. Done.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
sell the car

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!
Intake.

I've got the Uni, three years now, no problems. IE intake, people are experiencing broken parts, while this gets corrected with IE, still a downer.

Fuck exhaust.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Thats okay.. ill take my faster, cleaner, stronger(from stock) shifts in my DSG.

Plus i can get hammered and have anyone else drive me home... where as a manual i wouldn't want anyone else to drive it unless i really knew they were "good" at driving standard.