GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0299 code questions

Antman1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys. I have a 2013 6speed GTI that has thrown this code twice. I cleared it the first time and went 300 miles before it came up again. I don’t notice a difference in the way it drives when the cel is on. Also car has 88000 miles. Anyone know all the things I have to look at to trouble shoot this weekend? I had the DV replaced last summer and have put around 3000 miles on it since. I don’t think it’s likely but I hope it’s just that and next I will just go DV+. If it happens to be the turbo is there anyway to get one that doesn’t have the wastegate issue? I just need a stock or equivalent as I’m going to sell it in another year and a half and get a new GTI or Golf R. I just don’t want to put a used one in that could have the same issue for the next owner. Car is well kept and should have lots of life left after. I love these cars but I’m going to buy new so I have the warranty the whole time I’m paying for it. Figure I have a company vehicle so I only drive my car 6000 or so miles a year so should have a warranty for the 5 years. Haven’t read on mk7 issues yet but hopefully they have fixed some of the problems by now. I used to hate these (Ex Honda Fanboy) but really like the way they drive and the look has grown on me. Anyway thanks for any help.

dgokess

Check for boost leaks in general, especially around the intercooler pipes. I just had mine taken into a shop so they could check out a few big ticket items, and it looks like I'm doomed with the wastegate issue. 2013 with 76k

Antman1

Passed Driver's Ed
76k. I was expecting this issue to come up around 130 or so not below 100. It’s a lot of money to spend on something that should hold up longer.