GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Andre's K04 Build

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
Just skimmed through your thread for the first time. Your car looks really great! Probably the best looking United Grey GTI I have seen so far. Nice brakes, wheels, and your drop on the Koni's is perfect. I have koni's too.

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Got a fix it ticket for not having a front plate. I tried mounting it in the middle but it kinda looked like a buck tooth so I mounted it off to the side. As of right now I'm not too sure which one looks better(although I'm leaning towards mounting it in the center). Opinions?

You could try finding a plate holder that screws into the front tow hook threads. :iono:

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Just skimmed through your thread for the first time. Your car looks really great! Probably the best looking United Grey GTI I have seen so far. Nice brakes, wheels, and your drop on the Koni's is perfect. I have koni's too.

+1. Car looks great. Better than my UG. I need wheels, bad

drepai

Go Kart Champion

+1. Car looks great. Better than my UG. I need wheels, bad
Thanks for the comments guys:thumbup:. I love my konis, they can handle both shitty roads and corners very nicely.
You could try finding a plate holder that screws into the front tow hook threads. :iono:
Nah, I decided to just mount it in the middle. The holes were already there anyways.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Shit, I'm gonna test fit today...I hope it works.

The problem wasn't with the TOP it was with the coupler that came with the godspeed intercooler, I'm switching to the tt pipe because it eliminates the need for that coupler.

I also could not get the "TT" pipe from neuspeed to fit correctly. The intercooler end was too small for the hose and the top portion would run the frame unless I bent it. But this is all on a Gli.

I'm gonna order the awe s3 pipe because I have heard nothing but good.

I wish neuspeed would take the new k04 Top and just put a slip fit style end on in place of the quick disconnect.

:thumbsup:

drepai

Go Kart Champion
I also could not get the "TT" pipe from neuspeed to fit correctly. The intercooler end was too small for the hose and the top portion would run the frame unless I bent it. But this is all on a Gli.

I'm gonna order the awe s3 pipe because I have heard nothing but good.

I wish neuspeed would take the new k04 Top and just put a slip fit style end on in place of the quick disconnect.

:thumbsup:
I wish neuspeed had a k04 top with a slip fit. I got the tt one to fit but it's not perfect because it wasn't designed for k04...It's good enough though, this is my third turbo outlet pipe that I've installed not tryna switch again lol

ruan9n

Ready to race!
Really nice build so far, I like what you've done. Good writeup on the WMI side, I had wmi on my revo2+ mk5 GTI and noticed much the same as you did. It is a pain in the ass always having to fill the tank though and buying methanol isn't as easy over here as it is in the US as not everyone stocks it, that's the only thing holding me back from fitting wmi again.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Really nice build so far, I like what you've done. Good writeup on the WMI side, I had wmi on my revo2+ mk5 GTI and noticed much the same as you did. It is a pain in the ass always having to fill the tank though and buying methanol isn't as easy over here as it is in the US as not everyone stocks it, that's the only thing holding me back from fitting wmi again.
Thanks bro. Filling the tank can get a bit annoying if I'm punching it all the time otherwise I only have to worry about it every 2 months or so which is no biggie for me. Have you tried windshield washer fluid and heet? If you can find a gallon of blue windshield washer fluid with no additives that's rated at -20 degrees F. and 3 12oz yellow bottles of Heet gas-line-antifreeze you can mix them to get a 50/50 water/meth ratio. It's a bit of a PITA though, I could see why you wouldn't want to deal with that.

JT641

Banned
Thanks for the comments guys:thumbup:. I love my konis, they can handle both shitty roads and corners very nicely.

Nah, I decided to just mount it in the middle. The holes were already there anyways.

This is what I did, It's sold on Ebay Very well designed & built. got the dealer to give me a bumper without holes in it.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
This is what I did, It's sold on Ebay Very well designed & built. got the dealer to give me a bumper without holes in it.

Looks good:thumbup:

I'll probably go that route if I ever decide to get the holes in my bumper filled. It's too late for me to have the dealer give me a new bumper lol.

ruan9n

Ready to race!
Thanks bro. Filling the tank can get a bit annoying if I'm punching it all the time otherwise I only have to worry about it every 2 months or so which is no biggie for me. Have you tried windshield washer fluid and heet? If you can find a gallon of blue windshield washer fluid with no additives that's rated at -20 degrees F. and 3 12oz yellow bottles of Heet gas-line-antifreeze you can mix them to get a 50/50 water/meth ratio. It's a bit of a PITA though, I could see why you wouldn't want to deal with that.

I tapped into my window washer bottle on my mk5. I had an aquamist bottle with an 0.7mm nozzle, I think it was too big as I went through that 5 litre washer bottle pretty quickly. My intake temps were ambient and the car didn't pull much timing though. Live and learn I guess, on my mk6 i'd fit a devils own or AEM wmi kit if I go down that road again.