GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Life after 70k miles

sauceman101

Ready to race!
Bought my 2010 with 55k miles on it 6 years ago. At 134k now, been tuned with APR's old stage 1 since 65k. First thing that went after that was a stock coil pack and an injector. I replaced the clutch, rear main seal, cam cradle seal, (<all needed to be done) timing chain tension (<preventative) at 120k. The PCV went once before that, a few diverter valves. The water pump for the first time at 125k. Replaced the entire suspension at about 115k I think. Several intake manifolds at random mileage (59k, 122k) Most recent problem, water leaking through the sunroof. resolved the drain issue, now just need to reduce the amount of water ingress when it's completely closed.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
On a side note, did anyone get annoyed by that super bowl commercial for VW where it showed a VW engineer get their wings after a car hit 100k miles? To me, considering Honda's and Toyota's are just getting broken in at 100k miles, it's like, should that really be an accomplishment for a VW if it makes it that far? I think 200k should of been more realistic, lol.

pamatt

Passed Driver's Ed
250,000 2 intake manifolds, 1 set of headlights. These are the only items that failed by themselves. Other things have failed but had other reasons.