GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Footwell Light Color Opinions

SWFan

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking to do a full interior LED swap with deAutoKey LED's. On the footwells I'm trying to decide on whether to go white or red. I like the accent of red when driving at night in the footwell. Looking at pictures online it is just really hard to tell if I would really like it or not.

Curious if anyone can give feedback that chose red on whether they like it or not, or from those that chose white over considering red.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Get their color changing ones; you can pick whatever color you want, whenever you want.

SWFan

Passed Driver's Ed
A fair suggestion, but I have two reasons why I would prefer not to go that route.

First and foremost I don't want to have to deal with keeping track of a small remote control in the car. And second, I'm only interested in red and white, have absolutely zero interest in the other colors.

And trust me, I will pick the one color I like and would stick with it. Seems a waste to pay $50 to have the choice between two colors when I know I'll pick the one I like and never change it again.

I'll probably just buy the LED kit with one of these two colors and if I don't like it, buy the other footwells separately.

///Audience

Ready to race!
Get some of the transparent red plastic film from an auto parts store and put it over your existing bulbs to see if you are going to like the red color. This should cost less than $5

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Get some of the transparent red plastic film from an auto parts store and put it over your existing bulbs to see if you are going to like the red color. This should cost less than $5

Yep, I did this. Looked great. I have the DeAutokey red footwells now but the red tape worked surprisingly well for being so cheap.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
If you are doing a full LED swap I"d say just go ahead and get red LEDs for the footwells. They look great. White would look good too, but I think it would just be too bright and distracting. Plus red goes well with the rest of the interior at night.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Well, you have white incandescent bulbs now so you sort of know what white led's will look like, no? Just turn the brightness all the way up to sort of simulate what white led's will look like.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I have the red LED footwells as of now. They go perfectly with the red ambient lighting coming from the overhead console, and the lighting for all the controls. It's not too distracting, either. What you could do though, is buy the white LED's, and get the red tape. That would be an inexpensive way to switch between both those colors.

The Yetti

Ready to race!
I also vote red. For me it was a no brainer since everything in the car was already red except the gauge cluster numbers.

FYI, in the MDI system you can adjust the brightness of the footwell lights. So if you do go white, you don't necessarily have to go blind every time you look down. Secondly, red retains night vision so if I do look down (I don't know why I'm always looking down) you can keep your eyes up to spec without having to be blinded by that Escalade running HID in lamps shooting every which way on the high setting. Well too much, let's be real you'll get blinded regardless.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks for suggesting our LEDs.

Hurry for 15% off your entire order with code "LED15" - you can get back up LED color and switch them out later.

Red from looking on the outside:

closer: