GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deal or No Deal?

kongkers

I got a quote from a VW dealership in the midwest for a new 2012 4dr base GTI w/ 6sp manual transmission for $23.5k. Is this a go or no go. My thoughts are that it will be a go. All information out there is on 2011 so I'm basing my decision on that research.

Any thoughts would be welcomed.

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
That's joog ( cheap ) do it brada

VEGASVWGTI

Ready to race!
Seems prices are increasing every year, if it is what you want and it is comparable to a 2011- why wait?

McQueen77

Banned
that is a really good price, go for it.

kongkers

thanks for the replies. i've asked another dealership to see if they can beat it and hopefully i can further negotiate the price down but i think theres probably only a couple hundred dollars to play with at this price point for a 2012 this early into the model year.

Gamx35

Ready to race!
If not sunroof, then drop another $1000. Touch screen is good when you are also using Navi. Otherwise, overprice and you can COT stereo system.

kongkers

the stereo isnt a big issue for me. although i would like the sunroof but am not willing to fork over another chunk of money for that. the insurance for that trim level is also a bit more expensive than the base. i go to the dealership today, we'll see what kind of offer they have this time.

legionvr6

Passed Driver's Ed
when checking with my insurance company the old difference in rates for the GTI was if it was a 4 door or 2 door and if it had lojack. then didn't care about run roof, stereo things like that

kongkers

im not sure if it was the right move, but i bought the extended warranty 8 years/100,000 miles for $1200 (from $2800) from warrantech. does anyone have experience with this warranty company? I have 60 days to cancel the extended warranty.