GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uni stage 1+ vs celica gts

TheGreatDestroyer

Passed Driver's Ed
On the way to work this morning and a guy in a white celica gts pulled up next to me. We both stopped at a red light and then when the light turned green he got on it as did I, and to my surprise I couldn't pass him. Granite I was only giving about half throttle, he had crazy top end and what looked like no muffler but what in the world makes that thing so quick?! I'll grab stage 2 soon

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
It's not fast, you gave it half throttle. I doubt you'll beat any cars at only half throttle.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
I had a celica 2001 GT-S Turbo as my first car, it was a blast the VVTL-i is like V-tec for Hondas on Celica's however, much greater powerband, the car was a rev monster...(see my sig line)...most toyota motors have VVT-i technology but the Celica GT-S has what is called "Lift" hence the "L" they are dogs off the line like most honda's but shifting and staying in the powerband makes these cars shine (For what they are)

I know my Celica GT-S pre turbo would probably butt hurt a few stage 1 drivers with a good driver behind the celica, however, i dont think it would edge it out by any stretch

Jaber

Modero
I've seen some Celica GTS run mid to high 14s. They weight less than our cars. So don't be completely fooled. He most likely got you on the jump and you didn't have enough to reel in, if you had a better start, could of possibly stayed ahead.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Floor your damn car next time you race someone. Results will vary....

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Wasn't the 3S-GTE a popular swap for Celicas or am I thinking of something else? I tend to recall them getting between 300 and 350 WHP with a turbo swap and supporting fuel mods back in the day. Granted, I would rather do this to a MR-2, but a Celica GT-S weighing in at 2600 pounds with 350 WHP would probably surprise a lot of people.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

TheGreatDestroyer

Passed Driver's Ed
Forgot to mention my clutch is slipping bad my tires are still factory pirelli's with 70k on them and it was wet but I'll floor it next time lol

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Forgot to mention my clutch is slipping bad my tires are still factory pirelli's with 70k on them and it was wet but I'll floor it next time lol

If you have bad tires, wet roads, a slipping clutch, and only give it half throttle, don't be surprised if other cars beat you from a dig lol.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
The Celica GT-S is on par with an Acura RSX-S. Similar HP/weight and both got the lift.

Toss a turbo on either of them and it's a wrap.