GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

91 or 93 octane?

Artysta

Ready to race!
Hi

Here in London, Ontario, Canada I only know of one gas station which has 93 octane which is why Ive been putting in 91 so far. I was wondering if going from 91 to 93 will make a difference in performance or if its necessary.

rigti9

Ready to race!
^agreed. if you tune, tho you'll get more hp's outta the 93. I don't know the numbers w/o looking, but I know w/ my APR, you get a good handful more ponies w/ 93 than 91... great color choice BTW

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Don't bother with the 93 if you don't have a tune. How far out of the way is this 93 gas station? If it was inconvenient at all, I'd stick with 91 even with a tune (91 tune that is). The few xtra hp/tq of the 93 tune is not even worth it if the gas station is anything but convenient. 2c.

rigti9

Ready to race!
Don't bother with the 93 if you don't have a tune. How far out of the way is this 93 gas station? If it was inconvenient at all, I'd stick with 91 even with a tune (91 tune that is). The few xtra hp/tq of the 93 tune is not even worth it if the gas station is anything but convenient. 2c.

I agree w/ Mk6golfer... we have 93 everywhere in IL, so it's just the logical choice. don't go out of your way to get it.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Unless you're taking it to the track or autocross, 91 is fine. Heck, without a tune, 91 is always fine. No need to pay for higher octane gas when the engine ECU programming won't take advantage of it.

I run 93 only because it's 87-89-93 around here.

Boner

Passed Driver's Ed
I live in Stoney Creek On near Hamilton . I don't know anywhere around that has 93 Octane. I run 91 in 2010 ,CW, 2dr 18 " rims APR Stage 1 tune car . Stage 2 requires 93 Octane for which we would have to use 94 Octane available at Sunoco. I use the 94 in a Shelby I own but don't feel the extra few ponies coming from stage 2 in the GTI warrant the extra cost of fuel. If anyone knows where I can get 93 in my area please let me know. APR claims all stage 1 requires is 91 Octane.

scbastv

Ready to race!
Unless you're taking it to the track or autocross, 91 is fine. Heck, without a tune, 91 is always fine. No need to pay for higher octane gas when the engine ECU programming won't take advantage of it.

+1

zee

Go Kart Champion
IMO, unless you track, stick to 91 in Stock and tuned modes. The HP difference is not worth the extra coin.

quarantine

Ready to race!

I totally agree with whats being said above

turbor850

Ready to race!
I live in Stoney Creek On near Hamilton . I don't know anywhere around that has 93 Octane. I run 91 in 2010 ,CW, 2dr 18 " rims APR Stage 1 tune car . Stage 2 requires 93 Octane for which we would have to use 94 Octane available at Sunoco. I use the 94 in a Shelby I own but don't feel the extra few ponies coming from stage 2 in the GTI warrant the extra cost of fuel. If anyone knows where I can get 93 in my area please let me know. APR claims all stage 1 requires is 91 Octane.

I have a 2010 MK6 and a 07 Shelby GT500 also, can we hang out :happyanim: