GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

One of Chicago's Very Own 2.5

flymkvi

Ready to race!
Ever since I've owned a VW I've been on vwvortex. Then I happened to somehow check out the golfmk6 forum and what attracted me was all the Golf 2.5 love so I immediately joined. I feel like there are not enough 2.5's out there so the more we broadcast ourselves the better.

This was what I had before I switched to the mkvi. It is an 03' mkiv 1.8t. It had a decent amount of mods. Tints, tune, full exhaust, intake, etc. Then all the problems started to arise to I pretty much sold it right away.

I told myself that I would not by VW again not because I dont like them but just to switch things up. In the end I ended up with an mkvi. Just couldn't leave VW.

And this is what I picked up:

2012 VW Golf 2.5l 5MT

Engine
:APR Carbonio Intake

Interior
:deAutoKey LED
:GOLF Mats

Exterior
:18" VMR V718 ET45 8.5 Wide/Hyper Silver on 235/45/18 Tires
:Smoked Side Markers
:35% Tint
:deAutoKey License Plate LED
:OPD Fog Light Kit

Suspension
:H&R Super Sports

How it looked the first couple of months. Pretty boring.

Within about a month I picked up some smoked side markers from Parts4Euro and I got my windows tinted all the way around 35%.

Then I couldn't take it any longer with the 4x4 look so I picked up some H&R Super Sports.

I had never purchased wheels before so this was my first time picking some out. I ended up going with the 18" VMR V718 on 235's. Definitely changed the entire look of the car.

After awhile I noticed that the 2.5 was so quiet it almost sounded like a hybrid sometimes. To fix that I purchased the APR Carbonio Intake. For anyone interested this should be an immediate buy. It makes the car sound very,very loud. No exaggeration here. After 3K RPM it sounds amazing.

Then I saw how beautiful the interior LED's looked in all the mkvi's so I decided to pick up a set myself. Went with the set from deAutoKey. Interior and License Plate.

After awhile I felt like something was missing on my front end. Picked up the Fog Light Kit from OPD. Fairly easy install. Did it with a cousin. I will eventually write up a DIY.

Some things I want to do in the near future:
:LED Tails
:Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
:Front License Plate Shave
:New Bulbs to Match the Fogs
:Quad Exhaust
:Carbon Fiber Front Lip

If anyone can give me a suggestion on a CF Rear Diffuser that would be great!

And now to finish off with some effects:):

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
nice car.. welcome and congrats.

miguelr

Go Kart Champion
weird. they look blue in the pic. i saw your wish list. you gonna get the fogs or what?

Oh has to be the white balance. I played around with different settings on that picture.

Fogs one day, right now trying to save for wheels.