GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

After stage2....what to get?

P

plac

in the hottest places... like where you live, i'd step up to the APR intercooler. but it aint needed most places.

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
I have APR stage 2 with the new flash... and honestly beyond the s3 intercooler, I think stage 2 is plenty of power for tracking. Its pushing the limits of traction on fwd.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I probably wouldn't do more than stage2...but the APR IC shipped is around $1400 before the labor cost, international shipping sucks ass.

I am thinking of saving for that next...i can always move the IC and most of my parts to the Golf R..when i ever buy a used one in couple years or something..

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
I think you should slow down and enjoy the car. You didn't even toy with the Stage2 tune and your already thinking of going farther. If anything, get an Intake and Intercooler.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I think you should slow down and enjoy the car. You didn't even toy with the Stage2 tune and your already thinking of going farther. If anything, get an Intake and Intercooler.

I think i am just trying to forget the fact that my car is parked in my garage and can't be driven without the ECU for probably a week more (3 days gone) and i have a bunch of stuff coming..so trying to make the time pass by researching mods...sure i will get busy when the car is here :D

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
Keep in mind the S3 IC is designed for a car with 265 hp so it should be enough for Stage II. The APR IC and Forge IC will give you a added level of protection. The Forge IC is smaller then the S3 and APR IC so it maybe cheaper to send internationally and it is cheaper to install then either because it is a add on to the existing system avoiding the need to remove the existing intercooler (which is pancaked together with your A/C condensor and radiator). In my case I did it before doing the flash (only because the flash wasn't out yet for the 2011) and on it's own there was a power gain.