GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe

jasonaltima

Ready to race!
I recently joined this group and have learned a lot of stuff. Since joining I've installed uni stage 1+,uni intake and R8 coils with new plugs. Now my question is my engine is CBFA and I'm looking for a downpipe that requires no modification. It's kinda confusing cause they say it will fit both engines but you'll to have drill a hole for the sensor.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I recently joined this group and have learned a lot of stuff. Since joining I've installed uni stage 1+,uni intake and R8 coils with new plugs. Now my question is my engine is CBFA and I'm looking for a downpipe that requires no modification. It's kinda confusing cause they say it will fit both engines but you'll to have drill a hole for the sensor.

Get a DP (whatever brand you want/can afford) and DIY/have a person or shop weld in the additional O2 bung.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

If you buy the more expensive down-pipes from a name brand tuner you can use it on either or. APR,Unitronic,Eurojet,42DD etc all will fit CBFA no problem out the door.

Only the cheaper downpipes(read ebay) are built specifically for CCTA which require the modifications for CBFA

I have a "ebay" downpipe but im CCTA so i didnt need modifications.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The name brand downpipes come with the modified flange holes to fit both.. and then they come with 3 sensor bungs and a plug to be used if you are CCTA to fill one of the sensor bungs... if you are CBFA you just dont use the plug as you use all 3 bungs.

The cheapest name brand downpipe that i can think of that would fit is 42DD

$450 catless non resonated and its fully modular so you can always add a cat in or resonator in later.
http://www.42draftdesigns.com/vw-mk5-mk6-fsi-tsi-3-downpipe/

I dunno where you are located but aluminized steel should be fine unless you feel like spending the extra 200 on Stainless.

FriggenT1

Banned
The name brand downpipes come with the modified flange holes to fit both.. and then they come with 3 sensor bungs and a plug to be used if you are CCTA to fill one of the sensor bungs... if you are CBFA you just dont use the plug as you use all 3 bungs.

The cheapest name brand downpipe that i can think of that would fit is 42DD

$450 catless non resonated and its fully modular so you can always add a cat in or resonator in later.
http://www.42draftdesigns.com/vw-mk5-mk6-fsi-tsi-3-downpipe/

I dunno where you are located but aluminized steel should be fine unless you feel like spending the extra 200 on Stainless.

UR is a bit less than that and uses SS which 42DD doesn't

https://www.ultimate-racing.com/products/golf-gti-mk5-3-downpipe

jasonaltima

Ready to race!
I think I'm going to go with the uni downpipe. I already have there intake and tune.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I think I'm going to go with the uni downpipe. I already have there intake and tune.

its a nice quality downpipe im sure you will be happy.