GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clicking sound

ryan5185

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just installed a bsh true seal intake stage 1 and 2. However i put the screw on backwards on the plate thing if it makes sense, for the stage 2 piping, the supporting one that is connects the bottom of the pipe to the top of the engine bay with a screw. the screw came undone when i drove, but i didnt realize until it was too late, now there is a clicking sound when i pop the hood open. I did some research and people are saying that the mkv already have a clicking sound already, or is the clicking sound from the screw that unscrewed and fell in, and do you guys think it will kill my car, because the cars clicking sound is gone after 1st gear. And ive only had the intake on for about 3 days. Any advice would be helpful thanks in advance.

citrin1893

Ready to race!
can u hear the sound from the cabin, or jst when u open the hood with the engine on? If u only hear it when looking at the engine, then its nothin to worry about

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
That's probably the injectors firing away

They're loud....almost sounds like a diesel with the hood open

GuntherVI

Ready to race!
This TSI engine is LOUD with the hood open. I just assumed it was the injectors ticking away at 20,000 PSI or so.