GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge intercooler help

loganpak36

Ready to race!
So i got a decent deal on a forge intercooler, however it isnt coming with any hardware... anyone know a solution to this? Forge said it would be $400 for the piping and hardware which I thought was ridiculous.

slowgti08

Ready to race!
So i got a decent deal on a forge intercooler, however it isnt coming with any hardware... anyone know a solution to this? Forge said it would be $400 for the piping and hardware which I thought was ridiculous.

So you’re just getting the intercooler core ?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
You can buy twintercooler piping on ebay, as well as the bayonet couplers, but the couplers arent always machined right. I have the ebay twintercooler but bought the forge bayonet adapters since they are made better.

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
You can buy twintercooler piping on ebay, as well as the bayonet couplers, but the couplers arent always machined right. I have the ebay twintercooler but bought the forge bayonet adapters since they are made better.

Can you share which you're using? My stage 2 is not happy about a stock intercooler with south Florida temps creeping back up

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
ive heard that this twintercoolers arent the greatest. youre better off with a neuspeed/arm as far as fmic and those arent nearly as good as stock location ones.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Just the intercooler for $400 might've been too much...because just the forge hoses are another $400 if they will sell them separately. They did for me once. Other brands may have some for $100; https://www.google.com/search?q=mk6...8tjaAhULqlQKHZDaAQMQ_AUICygC&biw=1147&bih=505

Yes in that link there's another link to purchase the Chinese silicone hose kit that comes with the clamps, bayonet coupler adapters and horn relocation brackets from ebay for around $110. On my eBay twintercooler kit the bayonet coupler adapters were kind of shit and I had to grind down the tabs to make them clip in. The fit wasn't 100% still so I just purchased the correct forge ones I needed from ECS for around $120 for all three. The ebay twinter cooler kit is ridiculously cheap like $210 for everything, the intercooler itself seems pretty well made. The twintercooler setup is not the greatest compared to the others, but not bad to get an entire functional setup for under $350. Been running for 1.5 years with no issues. Dropped IATs and my car started running a lot more consistent between runs at the 1/4.

Uberryan

Banned
Skip the Forge unit, go with APR or an identical stock replacement. Having that much area for pressure to fill up isn't going to be super beneficial for the small ass IHI turbo. I used to have the forge twin, the piping is madness to match up, so I sold it. Went with a Godspeed knock off unit, haven't looked back since.