GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Someone tell me Dp install is easy

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Additions to the growing checklist,

Anti-seize lube
- before bolting everything back up, smear this on your bolts!

Last edited:

Uberryan

Banned
Exhaust mods are the easiest of easy. Hard to fuck up. PB blast the bolts, get a stool to reach if you're short, and decent torque wrenches. The only issue that can occur is if you strip the bolts off. Avoid that, and you're golden. Most of my install was spent on getting the car jacked up. After that, it's a breeze.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
its easy if you don't strip any bolts. I did mine with 8k miles and snapped a stud, boy what a PITA that was. that sucker was on there and did not budge, even with pb blaster from the day before. i was cursing from there on. has to run to the dealer to get a new stud and bolts, always use new nuts and or bolts, better safe than sorry. Always be ready for the worse, and if nothing happens at least you were ready.

pmushock

I did the dp on my r myself. You don't have a driveshaft to get in the way, so it shouldn't be too bad. A few wobbly extensions make it a lot easier to get the top 2 nuts on the turbo. Remember, YouTube is your friend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Noodle1

Ready to race!
^^ This- remove the battery, battery tray, and intake. Worth the extra few minutes because you don't have to fight for space to get to the DP.

If I remove my battery and unplug it, dosent that reset my apr tune? Sorry for the dumb question

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
If I remove my battery and unplug it, dosent that reset my apr tune? Sorry for the dumb question

I don't think that happens, maybe rarely? If you have multiple programs it might change your program, to whatever program your tuner put on the list first. I have stage 2 93 oct first so I don't need to worry about that.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
A long extension & 16mm socket to get the top nuts off on the downpipe, from on top of the car.
Move the front portion of the intake out of the way & you can try squeezing in there with the battery tray still in there. BUT removing the battery & tray makes it A LOT easier

Then a ratcheting 16mm wrench for the other two, underneath the car

It really isn't that bad of an install

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Yeah I struggled with 1 or 2 of the upper bolts with the battery and tray in place for about 30 mins and got tired of it and just removed everything. The job was done quickly after that.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
If you don't have tools or the skills to do the work, pay someone/shop. It's not that hard.

sauceman101

Ready to race!

You won't lose your tune, it will set the tune as the first in your sequence of tunes upon hooking everything back up. That being said, I encourage everyone to wrench on their own vehicles, if you had as much difficulty doing the short shifter install which imo is the easiest thing to do on a vehicle aside from an intake swap or oil change, make sure you have everything you need before getting started, and pay better attention to where you place your hardware so you're not spending half of your working time looking for stuff! Otherwise exhausts are easy