GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DV

Carbon Blir

Ready to race!
Which DV do we have.... the electronic piston drive????

and where is it under the car on the turbo?

and lastly why get the eurojet dv relocate

EvL BuNNY

Ready to race!
Which DV do we have.... the electronic piston drive????

and where is it under the car on the turbo?

and lastly why get the eurojet dv relocate

people relocate it just so that it is easier to change out the DV for a stronger one but ive heard the one that comes on our car is very strong and doesnt really need to be upgraded unless you are pushing some serious boost...

the only point of relocating it is to get it closer to the top of the engine so it is easier to work on

Carbon Blir

Ready to race!
so me must have the piston dv!
where is it?

and also you say people relocate it to make it readily accessable but when they relocate it they change the DV to a blowoff or to the eurojet dv

EvL BuNNY

Ready to race!
so me must have the piston dv!
where is it?

and also you say people relocate it to make it readily accessable but when they relocate it they change the DV to a blowoff or to the eurojet dv

the DV is down by the turbo i think... i havnt really had a chance to look for it yet as ive been in the drivers seat since i got the car hahaha.

there are alot of DV's out there im new to VW so idk what ones are good but all ive heard is that the one that comes stock is electronically controlled and the ones that you would switch it with are mechanically controlled. id say both have advantages and disadvantages but there really is no reason to change your DV unless the amount of boost is so high that it is forcing a leak.

and the thing with a blow off valve is also controversial. ive seen people who say it is perfectly fine to put one on our cars and then people who say it is not good to do so, and the reason they give makes sense if you think about it.

the cars stock DV recirculates the air where as a BOV vents to atmosphere (vta). ive heard this is not good because the cars ECU predicts that it will recirc and that this will cause the air fuel ratio to run rich because there will be too the same amount of fuel and less air... this can cause problems.

not sure who is right or wrong but that explanation does make sense if you think about it so im just gonna run the stock DV. shudnt have a problem untill atleast stage 2... ill be stage 1 next month.

BuchWash

Passed Driver's Ed
Carbon Blur and all: Some time back I found the following document on the web. Didn't, I'm sorry, keep the URL but it's probably findable on Google ( search VW 2.0 TSI Engine). Doc is "VW Service Training, Self Study 824803, The Volkswagen 2.0 Liter Chain-Driven TSI Engine". PDF format. A complete overview of the engine and its components.

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
IIRC, the DV was upgraded at some point during the MK5 run, so i'd imagine we have the better DV... i think it's been piston controlled for quite some time, even before the upgrade...

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
just so neither of us has to trust my memory: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4419019

on that thread, which is primarily to sell the new DV on ECS tuning for $80, it is discussed that the new valve came with all the TSI motors, which all us MkVI have, and some later FSI engines - they slipped in the TSI somewhere towards the end of the MkV run...