GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crankcase pressure, deceleration "pulsing"

redubbed

Ready to race!
As mentioned previously in this thread, there was/is a TSB for the earlier cars for the wiring. My car already has the updated wiring according to my dealer.

I have no code, stored or otherwise. I wish I did, this would be much easier.

To update: I replaced the throttle pedal & the issue persists. I performed a TBA after replacing the pedal.

It seems I'm (likely) chasing an air leak of some sort even though the car was check for vacuum leaks. Alex at Stratified has suggested the same.

I'll update with results. At this point I'm actually hoping I have a boost leak.
I'm planning a boost leak test as soon as possible.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
Any problems with idle? My car had a similar "bucking" on deceleration , turns out the fuel rail pressure was spiking/going haywire during that time. At idle it would shudder and struggle. I eventually got p0088/p0192/p2293 for fuel rail pressure too high. Just replaced my fuel pressure sensor but haven't tested enough but seems to have gone away for the time being. I used VAGCOM to scan my fuel rail pressure to rule out the HPFP going out. Good luck! Diagnosing and fixing intermittent problems are among the most annoying car things to deal with

redubbed

Ready to race!
I haven't tried that, but that's a good suggestion. I've been sending logs to Alex at Stratified, so I imagine he would have picked up on that.

I'm planning a boost leak test this weekend to rule that out. Still no codes to point me anywhere specific.

Moderately annoying...

redubbed

Ready to race!
Boost leak test was negative (no leaks).
I began experiencing worsening symptoms & random misfires while highway cruising.
Still no codes, but I experienced similar misfires in a previous vehicle (24V VR6) & the crank sensor was the culprit.
I replaced the sensor & the problem “seems” to be handled. I have a longer trip with the car tomorrow & I’ll know for sure.
In the meantime, I went back to the previous rev on my Stratified tune as the tune was/is likely not the issue.
I also cleaned my MAF sensor while it was out of the car.

I’ll update after I have some miles on the car. Hopefully I’ve solved it.

redubbed

Ready to race!
Still good! Sending some fresh logs to Stratified in case the failing sensor was messing things up somehow.