GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wasser Wagens, Austin, TX - 03.24.2012

fanclerks

Ready to race!
Registration fee sent. Now to get her cleaned up and pretty for the show. Maybe a few mods here and there before...

ghotch

MKVI Owner
Getting...ready!

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

fanclerks

Ready to race!
I was going to wash mine yesterday but glad I didn't since it decided to rain today. Looked at the weather to make sure how the rest of the week is looking and thankfully it looks like it's supposed to be sunny and gorgeous from Thurs on. I'm going to give her a good wash and wax on Friday and finish all the little mods I've been putting off.

Sadly, I got in a minor fender bender on Thursday so she's not going to be as nice as should have been. Thankfully it was just a side swipe and just a bit of paint rubbed off. Hoping to get it fixed prior to Wasser, but doubtful with how slow insurance is.

ghotch

MKVI Owner
Bump...

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
Hello all, wish I could make the event tomorrow, but I will be at the dealership in Georgetown buying a new GTI! I've got a few questions for you locals. Are any dealerships in town mod friendly? I'd like to do a stage 1. Anything else you can say about the local dealerships or good tune shops?

fanclerks

Ready to race!
Hello all, wish I could make the event tomorrow, but I will be at the dealership in Georgetown buying a new GTI! I've got a few questions for you locals. Are any dealerships in town mod friendly? I'd like to do a stage 1. Anything else you can say about the local dealerships or good tune shops?

If you're picking up your GTI tomorrow, should definitely bring it by the event anyways! Regarding shops, I've been getting my mods done by DBC Tuning in San Antonio. I know there are one of two shops in A-town that do tuning and stuff to, but not sure how good they are. So far Charles Maund has been pretty cool about mods for me though.

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
Thanks, I've been by Soulspeed here in Austin a few years back with a Mini Cooper I'm trading. They seemed like a great shop for suspension work, but $$. They have some great equipment though.

That's good to know about Charles Maund. When I do the APR stage 1 flash, I'll get the lockout feature, so I guess they would have to do some work to see it ( at least that's what I understand ). The 1st thing I'll do is tint and then I'm thinking about the DG springs. I need to be careful not to go to crazy, I don't think my wife could take me modding another car or truck.

We have a 2010 conv. bettle and I have owned a 89 GTI 16v, 90 Passat 16v and a 97 Jetta Jazz Edition. I got into VW's in high school back in California in the mid 90's with my MK2. I may have trouble sleeping tonight! However, that's been all week, since I'm GTI obsessed right now!!

I may try to make it tomorrow, but will have to see how it goes at the dealership. If not, I would love to get in on the local scene. I think my wife would get a kick out of it too.

ghotch

MKVI Owner
Didn't really feel the love for the MK6'ers out there yesterday....guess we have to wait a few years for ours to be loved...thoughts?

Cotizi

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you guys do any kind of monthly meet around town? I've been doing cars & coffee events every month with my 370Z when i still had it, but i never saw any GTI's.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I was there but at Marbles booth. Good seeing you Greg and the others I met. Don't know your names on here though!

ghotch

MKVI Owner
We didn't stay for the awards to be handed out...didn't realize Marble's took best in our category.