GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI GFB DV+ Diverter Valve Review [Pictures]

mk6mattgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah that's an engine protection routine in the ecu it seems. Shift slower and you'll get better response :rolleyes:

butchered by autocorrecr

What's weird is that it only happens when I am not wide open throttle or pretty much under daily driving conditions. When I go WOT it seems fine.

mk6mattgti

Passed Driver's Ed
I hit 17 on stage one too, but doesn't stay there long.

+1 for logs over gauge....

I have the same as you, and no where near 20 psi. How are you measuring boost?

I have the p3 digital boost gauge. The numbers don't get much clearer than that without logging. Unfortunately I don't own a hex can cable or micro can cable so no logging for me

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
P3 gauge info is useless unless you have a boost tap and read boost from there instead of from OBDII.

mk6mattgti

Passed Driver's Ed
P3 gauge info is useless unless you have a boost tap and read boost from there instead of from OBDII.

How do you figure? The numbers the p3 gets are what the ECU ACTUALLY SEES. It measures this from the sensor on the Throttle body pipe which is about as close to the intake manifold as you can get. There have been many debates about this in various threads but what it all comes down to is personal preference. A boost tap may vary by 1-2psi from a digital reading from a sensor but I personally would rather see what the ECU sees. Again, it's a preference and if vacuum is so much better than why are you using an electronic solenoid DV setup?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
How do you figure? The numbers the p3 gets are what the ECU ACTUALLY SEES. It measures this from the sensor on the Throttle body pipe which is about as close to the intake manifold as you can get. There have been many debates about this in various threads but what it all comes down to is personal preference. A boost tap may vary by 1-2psi from a digital reading from a sensor but I personally would rather see what the ECU sees. Again, it's a preference and if vacuum is so much better than why are you using an electronic solenoid DV setup?

A few things - the MAP sensor is a cheap component and isn't very accurate. No matter what the ecu sees, it has plenty more information to help it discern how to run the engine like the MAF, O2 feedback, etc. So why would VW shell out $$$ for a more accurate sensor? Second, it's placed in a high flow area so it'll read low because physics dictates it will. Lastly, the MAP isn't designed to be run at the pressures it's running at stage 1. I found this out doing some logs for this very part. Check out the big DV+ thread for those results.

butchered by autocorrecr

Laimface

Ready to race!
I've just fitted a rev D to my car as the diaphragm one was torn. I'm now getting the "pidgeon" sound when I let off the throttle after a high load. Is that safe for the turbo? Would you recommend getting a dv+? They're around £100 so quite expensive. You can hear the pidgeon sounds in this video. As for boost, VCDS logs say the car holds a steady 1.1 bar up until the top end where it drops off, so I don't think mine is too leaky yet anyway.