GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reset Bluetooth

gkallis

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I have a 2010 MKVI GTI with the Upgraded audio(i dont know if that matters). I replaced the radio but now everytime I start my car I get a request from the VW bluetooth module. Is there a way to reset the bluetooth so it forgets my device and stops trying to pair with it? I have a Galaxy S4 if that helps.

Thanks!

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Delete your phone from the memory.

To provide instruction on how; we'll need to know what actual radio model you have; and specifics (do you have a new 315 with internal bluetooth and still have the old BT module under your seat? etc)

gkallis

Ready to race!
I already deleted from the phone. I even formatted the phone lol But I have the old one wiht the BT module under seat. I tried pulling the clip out but couldnt get it to come off and didnt want to break it.

Saabstory

I meant from the radio's memory, not the phone's.

But OK, hang on. Just to be sure I am on the right page here...

You got a new radio with integrated bluetooth, and still have your old bluetooth under the seat wired up as well. Correct?

If yes; you need to remove it, or at least disable it through vag com.

gkallis

Ready to race!
Yes you are correct. I got a new radio with integrated bluetooth. Is the whole thing under the seat just for bluetooth? I thought maybe it was the amp too. I dont have vagcom so thats not an option right now. I was thinking about maybe disconnecting battery and maybe it would reset it.

gkallis

Ready to race!
So is it safe to remove the whole box?

Saabstory

Sorry; yes you can remove the whole block. I was looking for a thread on this (saw someone else who did this recently) to confirm if it needs a change in vag com or not; but the old bluetooth module can be removed.

I just can't swear to whether the new module will work unless you recode it.