GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RE-71R

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Love mine, they are STICKY. Much softer than the ZII's I had, but that means they wont last as long - that is OK with me, these are the ultimate for grip. Sonny helped me with getting a set of them and new wheels on my Z. Huge help!

John M., in IL

engineered2win

Ready to race!
I've heard nothing but great things about them EXCEPT for how fast they wear down. Haven't raced on them yet.

They wear fast because they're a cheater tire. They are labeled as a 200 UTQG street tire to compete in race classes with a 200 UTQG min rating, but no one actually believes their rating. NASA TT classes them with the longer wearing R-comp tires (NT01, R888, etc) at +6 points instead of the typical +2 for 120-200 UTQG tread wear tires.

Beej1

Ready to race!
I talked with a friend at the track (drives a really fast Mini). He had three track days on his, and they were heat cycling out. I heard a similar story from another guy who ran them the same weekend.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I talked with a friend at the track (drives a really fast Mini). He had three track days on his, and they were heat cycling out. I heard a similar story from another guy who ran them the same weekend.

I've not had issue heat cycling these out for autocrosses. They need one initial heat cycles to get up to speed but they stay pretty consistent all the way to the cord. It gets harder to drive as they wear as the there are less tread block movement as the wear increases and they became more "knife edge" when they let go.

RE71R are pretty much required for current SCCA Street tire classes, either that or the Rival S. With some Kumho V720s sprinkled in if your car can run them without destroying those. On my car at least prepped for SCCA GS on the narrow wheels RE71R works a lot better than the Rival S. But they are somewhat trickier to drive as it is not a forgiving tire if you over drive it.

Beej1

Ready to race!
I've not had issue heat cycling these out for autocrosses. They need one initial heat cycles to get up to speed but they stay pretty consistent all the way to the cord. It gets harder to drive as they wear as the there are less tread block movement as the wear increases and they became more "knife edge" when they let go.

RE71R are pretty much required for current SCCA Street tire classes, either that or the Rival S. With some Kumho V720s sprinkled in if your car can run them without destroying those. On my car at least prepped for SCCA GS on the narrow wheels RE71R works a lot better than the Rival S. But they are somewhat trickier to drive as it is not a forgiving tire if you over drive it.

We ran a set of Rival S tires on our Lemons E30 last year. Sadly, they didn't last the whole race and we had to bow out early. Those are definitely more suited for auto-x though. I think they used to make another version of the Rivals feared more for track use.

Here's a photo of my friend's Mini that I mentioned. Just a crazy awesome car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
You can slap a warranty on a box of shit, and its still a box of shit? :iono:

the TW rating seems.. generous.