GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nightmare with genuine LED tail lights

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
I just remembered, its the LED Xenon Headlights that are not compatible with older ECU's found in 2010 and 2011 GTI's. The LED tails can be made to work with the right code.

Weird. My car is an early 2011 GTi and came with LED xenons. Must be magic. The other comments are spot on too:

1. You do need adapters.
2. You need to code it via VCDS and it's a normal drop-down menu - not a manual number entry any more.

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
installed LEDS yesterday, zero codes, zero experience working on cars.
This is why I do not buy from ebay...

Was there resistor boxes with them?

LEDs use much less voltage than halogens, so the car's computer thinks there is something wrong when it detects this and assumes the bulbs are out. It has nothing to do with where you buy them. This is like saying you experienced a nightmare buying wheels with a 5x100 bolt pattern when you brought them home and they didn't fit.

Fast505

Just installed the Euro Golf R LED tails with rear fog myself (from ECS) on my 2010 with bi-Xenons. No Euro switch installed yet. Having a similar issue. Did the requisite research and tried a number of codings for Byte 18. Currently using "04" which got rid of the dash warning light but still leaves a diagnostics error after VAG-COM scan. Tails seem to function properly. Front side markers are dim.