GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help needed - Turbo swap.

Genesis_R

Yeah APR can change though maps too...stop insulting my tune!!!!! haha just messin

Definitely not man. I'm on APR stage 1 right now and I do feel the added punch over stock. Quite a significant one actually.

For Golf R, they are not able to change the tunes via the signal stalk, hence I only have 1 tune available and every time I want to change tune, (e.g. back to stock, or stage 2 or stage 2+ w/ test pipe) I have to return to my APR dealer.

Also, I'm not able to specify variables for the same map (e.g. increase boost in stage 1 or reduce initial boost climb etc)...... I hope it's the same there so we're not on different frequencies!

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Definitely not man. I'm on APR stage 1 right now and I do feel the added punch over stock. Quite a significant one actually.

For Golf R, they are not able to change the tunes via the signal stalk, hence I only have 1 tune available and every time I want to change tune, (e.g. back to stock, or stage 2 or stage 2+ w/ test pipe) I have to return to my APR dealer.

Also, I'm not able to specify variables for the same map (e.g. increase boost in stage 1 or reduce initial boost climb etc)...... I hope it's the same there so we're not on different frequencies!

Ahhhh i see. That's actually pretty interesting. I can't adjust anything from my stalk except switching between programs (stock, 91, 100, etc.), security lockout, and stuff like that. For changing boost specs and such, I have to plug into a cpu as well.

Genesis_R

Ahhhh i see. That's actually pretty interesting. I can't adjust anything from my stalk except switching between programs (stock, 91, 100, etc.), security lockout, and stuff like that. For changing boost specs and such, I have to plug into a cpu as well.

Well, my local dealer has told me the Golf R ecu is different from the rest of the MkVI golf models and can only store ONE map as opposed to the rest of the golf being able to store multiple maps..

So I can't even switch between programs, no security lockout, valet mode etc. You can edit boost levels, timing etc from a cpu plug-in by yourself? What software are you using?

I've tried to use KESS to read my map out but it seems like it isn't capable of doing it. Would be keen to find out how you're adjusting values (tuning or otherwise) from the original APR map.. :thumbsup:

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Well, my local dealer has told me the Golf R ecu is different from the rest of the MkVI golf models and can only store ONE map as opposed to the rest of the golf being able to store multiple maps..

So I can't even switch between programs, no security lockout, valet mode etc. You can edit boost levels, timing etc from a cpu plug-in by yourself? What software are you using?

I've tried to use KESS to read my map out but it seems like it isn't capable of doing it. Would be keen to find out how you're adjusting values (tuning or otherwise) from the original APR map.. :thumbsup:

Yikes that's weird! You would think they would figure out how to get around that and be able to load multiple programs.

What I meant by that is I have to take it in if I want the shop to modify my tunes. I'm sure there is a way to do it on my own with a vcds type thing, but I'm not able to

Genesis_R

Yikes that's weird! You would think they would figure out how to get around that and be able to load multiple programs.

What I meant by that is I have to take it in if I want the shop to modify my tunes. I'm sure there is a way to do it on my own with a vcds type thing, but I'm not able to

I guess it's really worlds apart then.

I'm not able to load multiple programs on my MY2010 R.

I'm also not given the option of having any modifications done to my tune. 'One tune fits all' over here. :(