GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New here.. my Golf R is on order

chris101

Ready to race!
^ I go for fun too, but not to be hit by people who have more money than sense (why I stay away from SCCA) I have heard stories about the over-aggressive autobahn members who just hit anyone in their way to take 'em out!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
All my events at ACC are non SCCA, run by AMS, MVP Track Time, Hooked on Driving, and most recently Fluid Motor Union, and no crashes, no incidents, etc.

chris101

Ready to race!
Okay

Now I see what you are talking about.

You are talking apples to oranges with track events.

When you asked if I race in the spec miata series at Autobahn, I said no and didn't even consider other group track days since they are not races.

We instruct with MVP, AMS, Chin Motorsports, Audi Club, and Laps (sometimes Hooked on Driving as well) at Autobahn country club and other tracks. What you are talking about is 'track days' or Driver's Ed days (not a race). If you run with MVP, you have probably seen us. I had #50 spec Miata and my husband has the 1995 Silver and Black Infiniti G20. I've since sold the #50 red spec miata and purchased a blue one for next year.

We average 40 track days a season and about an additional 25 w2w races (between NASA and Midwest Council and Laps, Inc. fun races)

I was referring to racing in Spec Miata series (completely different type of track event than a DE/non race track day).

MVP is very critical about 'This is not a race' and although we do enjoy that venue, it isn't the same rush as a wheel-to-wheel race.

I've been going to DE type track events since 1996 and instructing since 1999. (yes, a very addicted track addict)

See you at the track!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yes yes, was talking about HPDE's but thought you may be running spec series since you have a spec miata. Cool, glad we got that figured out! :)

chris101

Ready to race!
Yes, I run the Spec Miata series wheel to wheel races with NASA, Midwest Council and Laps. Inc.

Autobahn Country club has their own Spec Miata series for members of Autobahn that is very cutthroat and from what I understand, only open to members of Autobahn Country club unless you have a 1-time invite and pay the $250 fee and that is what I thought you were asking about in your 1st question.