GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone had a backup camera installed at a SF bay area shop?

jg167

Passed Driver's Ed
I really like the GTI camera add on (with euro parts) mostly to check distance when parking, my depth perception isn't that great in such situations. I might take it on myself, but am hesitant to do so. But I'm also not so sure I want to go to a shop that hasn't done this before, even if they are a great sound system installer. Anyone have any such experience to share?

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
I'm not up in the Bay Area and I did my RVC install myself, but when I asked around here the shops seemed expensive.

Anyway, the RVC install should be fairly simple--the main hassles were trim removal/reinstallation and routing the wires through that very tiny space in the rubber grommet in the back. :mad0259: There's a howto thread or two on the forums about it, as well as a bunch of info on the Internet. :)

nearsite00

Ready to race!
Blueball-R did his own on his Golf R and he has the vagcom cable. Took him a while though becuase of all the wiring.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
They will charge you at least $500 plus $500 in your own parts (camera)... at the end of the day you'll be well over 1k for a shitty backup camera.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
It is time consuming, but not impossible if you are familiar with some wiring and panel removal. I don't think there is a completely thorough DIY, but you can piece the information needed together with all the threads on here. I've done quite a few of these installs and charge 200, but unfortunately I'm on the wrong coast for you. :(

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
There's a shop on Noriega in SF that someone recommended to me. I forgot the name though. If you want to get a rvc you're better of DIY. I want to install a rvc as well but the fact that I need to tear apart my car is daunting.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk