GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilover Install Help - LA Area

hkl0ve

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I was wondering if there would be anyone willing to help me/teach me how to install coilovers. Being a college student away from home, I don't have the space, tools, or experience to install these myself. Not to mention the money for professional installation...

This is my first VW, coming from a long line of BMWs in my family. Plus I've been wanting to learn more about doing DIY stuff on my own vehicle as I am paying for my MK6 on my own, and I feel the need to know how to do these sort of things myself. The most I've done before was just swap bumpers on my 525i ;)

I have yet to buy the coils (pretty set on Solo Werks S1s) because I don't know how I'm going to install them. So those will be ordered once this is figured out..or I can pony up the money for a shop install.

If anyone in the LA area is willing to help a youngin' out, please let me know! I'd be down to either pay for lunch, a couple of brews, or even throw some cash your way.

Last edited:

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
Do it one wheel at a time. You will need a jack and/or a stand, but you will also need an alignment after you finish before driving it anywhere. When you thinking of doing it?

hkl0ve

Ready to race!
Haha thanks for the thought though! And unfortunately I don't have any of those tools since I am at college in LA away from home. I was hoping to get it done by mid November at the latest.