GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Tails or Springs

mobilecooltech

Ready to race!
I can't choose between the two haha. I know this is such a nonsense thread but help me choose? I don't have that much budget for lowering springs and led tails. The springs I want to get are VWR Sport Springs but with the cost of the springs plus labor since I don't want to go into the hassle of installing myself would cost me around ~$400.00 . If I go for the LED tails it will only $385.00 and no extra cost. Are the LED tails really worth it for that price?

stynker

Ready to race!
I believe that the LED tails are worth it in the end, but I personally wouldn't choose it over springs for the same cost. I'd prefer a smaller gap (even though it's not too much) and a firmer ride for more fun/spirited driving.

I vote for springs!

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
Same as you. Couldn't afford both at one time. I decided to go with the springs first and glad I did. I settled for DG springs. Than 2 months later got the Depo Tails. Love the way it looks! Now just ordered Rear sways for now and should install them next weekend. After that will probably get the fronts.

Springs first!

corydd

Go Kart Champion
I have both the VWR springs and LED tails. To be honest, I don't know which one I'd choose. I love the look of the LED lights, but I also love the stance of the VWR's. I guess if I had to pick one I'd go with the springs because they serve both a cosmetic and functional purpose, but I wouldn't blame you if you went with the tails instead.

ILuvLamp

Ready to race!
I vote springs all day. I made the same choice and don't regret it. Maybe it's because i drive the 2.5 and before lowering it it had grand canyon sized wheel gap.

kurupt_hawaiian

Ready to race!
Springs first then tails

///Audience

Ready to race!
Is that $400 including a re alignment? I Had new tails on my car within 12 hours of getting it. I opted to hold off on any suspensions mods until I could afford todo them all. Earlier this week I had my F/R sway and DG springs put on. Stacking the suspension mods allowed me to save on labor and alignment costs.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
I can't choose between the two haha. I know this is such a nonsense thread but help me choose? I don't have that much budget for lowering springs and led tails. The springs I want to get are VWR Sport Springs but with the cost of the springs plus labor since I don't want to go into the hassle of installing myself would cost me around ~$400.00 . If I go for the LED tails it will only $385.00 and no extra cost. Are the LED tails really worth it for that price?

since you're in the LA area...

David in lake forest can do the spring install for much cheaper than any shop out there.
alignment isnt needed with VWR's because the drop is so minimal, but is recommended.
i havent done alignment yet with my DG springs, and i have zero signs of uneven wear on my tires. in fact, when i took my car in for the 10k service(springs installed at 3k), they said my tires are surprisingly in good condition, despite multiple canyon runs

ill PM you his number in a bit

btw.. springs>tails

performance>looks