GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What manages the 1 flick of the key turn over???"

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Hey guys, weird thing happened 2 days ago where I drove my car fine in the morning to gym and back. I then went back to my car to go else where and the usual quick flick of the key to turn on the car without holding the key didn't work. I was like, hmmmm, odd. I then held the key instead and it turned over however the EPC light came on. I was like, oh hell what is this.

I drove the car and it felt completely normal. I parked at my mothers. I then left her house and tried again, again it wouldn't do the 1 flick with key to turn on, I had to hold it. Ok np. However this time the EPC light didn't turn on.

I then parked and let car sit for about 9 hours before driving again, this time the 1 flick with the key worked again.

What the hell manages the 1 flick with the key and why would the EPC light get involved? I thought that had to do with sensors...Maybe throttle body sensor??? Still, what would prevent the 1 flick from working but then holding the key, it properly turned over? :confused:

I've had this same issue a handful of times during the 6+ years I've had my car. The first couple of times that it occurred I was still under warranty, so I took it to the dealership. The tech said it threw a code that only applies to Tiguans, and even had to check with VWOA to make sure that it wasn't an issue before giving it a clean bill of health. I can't say for sure that this is what you are experiencing, but I hope it helps.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I found the old invoice and the code it threw:
"P150A for engine off timer performance. Tech found no relation to EPC" is what it states.

lol, well they were quite helpful in not knowing what happend, :D

I dunno, I never had this happen since owning the car new from late 2013. Kind of worrisome but at the same time, it hasn't done it again :cool:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I've had engine off timer before, never seemed to figure out where it came from. But I clear it and its fine. I assumed it had something to do with flashing my car.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Uberryan

Banned
Could be tune related, a random gremlin, or fueling/ignition/immobilizer.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Did all MKVI cars come with this feature or was it added for a specific model year? My extremely early build 2010 model year car has never had the one bump ignition. If it has it, it’s never worked. It’s always behaved like a standard ignition.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Did all MKVI cars come with this feature or was it added for a specific model year? My extremely early build 2010 model year car has never had the one bump ignition. If it has it, it’s never worked. It’s always behaved like a standard ignition.

Same with my 2011. I didn't even know this was a thing until earlier this year and I've had my car for 5 years now.