GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VF Engineering Short Shifter Impressions

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion

Nice pic! Cool to be able to see the change in throw instead of just reading about it.

Slow

Passed Driver's Ed
so are 1st, 3rd and 5th in the same locatation? in the picture it only looks like the bottom gears have changed.

also, how did this help side-to-side movement while in gear?

SixZeroFour

Ready to race!
Side to side feels very similar to stock while shifting gears. It's slightly shorter but there is no difficulty finding any gears or anything like that. In terms of being able to move the shifter itself side to side while in gear - I'll have to take a closer look at this but I recall it feeling more snug. The kit definitly has more of the click-click style solid engagment which I love. It actually reminds me of the stock shifting feel of my s2000 which had an amazing gearbox.

1st 3rd and 5th are reduced slightly... Unfortunatly the pic I snapped of the "After" 3rd gear was distorted and not too far from the stock location so I left it out. If you look at how much 4th gear was reduced before and after - 1st, 3rd and 5th are reduced by about half as much or what I would say is about 1/4" of travel.

I will try to retake the after picture and re-do the overlay photo later this week but don't expect a drastic difference by any means.

Last edited: