GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's in my drivers seat rail?

JSwag420

Ready to race!
For nearly a year now, everytime I accelerate, I hear something slide then ding on the left seat rail of the driver's seat. I could always see the corner of a penny deep below the rail and thought that was the culprit. After months of many attempts and many tools to remove it, I finally one day managed to wiggle it out. After the relief of knowing the noise would finally stop, it immediately came right back. It wasn't the penny after all. I've looked in every corner, shoved shit up there, rolled the seat all the way forward and back, and there is visibly nothing that could be making this noise in the seat rail. Then as soon as I drive again, I'll hear it slide then ding. Keep in mind this happens EVERY acceleration. I hear it 10-20 times a day (and it's annoying as hell). It absolutely sounds like either a screw or another coin (an invisible one if that).

Does anybody have ANY clue as to what in the seat rail (or seat rail region; left side) could be making this noise? The seats are manual and the clip that holds the seat in place appears to be locked in place as to where I can disconnect it from the seat then move it around only if I pull it up (then reconnect it) so I don't think it's that. My last option is probably just to pull the entire seat out of the car.

Any ideas on what or where to check?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
just remove the seat and flip it over and find out what it is, and stop it i would say lol

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
If you unscrew both front screws of each seat rail (closest to the pedals), you should be able to lift the seat enough to see under the rails and grab whatevers under there. Ive done that a few times to get pennies that have fallen. Only takes a few minutes

JSwag420

Ready to race!
If you unscrew both front screws of each seat rail (closest to the pedals), you should be able to lift the seat enough to see under the rails and grab whatevers under there. Ive done that a few times to get pennies that have fallen. Only takes a few minutes

Will try that tomorrow. Was wondering if I could do that and tilt it a bit.