GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Insurance Companies & Rates

sportriderseattle

Passed Driver's Ed
There is no ONE particular cheaper insurance company for all, it all depends on who you are and where you live....that's it.

It will pay off for everyone to shop for new insurance every couple years and see if you can do better. Insurance is VERY competitive and that is why every single insurance company commercial advertises the same....."You can save up to $400 by switching to ABC Insurance". Blah, blah, blah....

So just check them all out for yourself and best of luck.

[I worked in the insurance industry for 7 years]

ScoGold

Passed Driver's Ed
I got the following quotes since I'm looking to move away from my Chevy to a VW. I totally forgot that there would be a $200-400 premium increase for a new car.

PROGRESSIVE (quoted)
Cambridge, MA
2010 VW GTi
26 years old, clean record
$1,244/year

PROGRESSIVE (quoted)
Cambridge, MA
2010 VW Golf TDi
26 years old, clean record
$1,088/year

DimaGT

Ready to race!
30 yrs old, almost clean record
4 door GTI
AAA
$115 per month

DvS21

Ready to race!
20, Northern VA, 1 ticket 1 accident. Geico, 237 a month for full coverage.

DvS21

Ready to race!
What kind of coverage are you guys getting with these quotes. Without knowing that this is pretty pointless...

I listed mine as full coverage... meaning everything Geico offers. My deductibles are set at $500

DimaGT

Ready to race!
What kind of coverage are you guys getting with these quotes. Without knowing that this is pretty pointless...

I have max. coverage on my GTI

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Full Coverage and Free Rental
$500 deductible
22/M

$83 a month

USAA FTMFW!

Halvie

WOOSA
What do you guys have for bodily injury liability, property damage liability, uninsured/under insured motorists, and medical expense?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
everything. I'll have to double check my stuff...but its pretty much maxed out

Halvie

WOOSA
everything. I'll have to double check my stuff...but its pretty much maxed out

Not even sure if there is a max...maybe for certain companies. For instance, I think my Aunt has a million for bodily injury liability. I was doing a quote on progressive looking for a lower rate, and they don't offer anything close to that on their site.

If I go with Progressive's "recommended" package they quoted me $65 a month, but it is a lot lower coverage than I have. I pay $84 a month for the following:

Bodily Liability: 300k each person 500k each occurrence
Property Liability: 300k each occurrence
Medical Expense: 10k each person
Comprehensive Deductible: $500
Collision Deductible: $500
Emergency Road Service
Uninsured Motorists: 300k each person / 500k each accident

Not really sure if I have "enough" coverage, or too much. Wouldn't mind dropping my payment by $20 a month, but not sure if having that "little" coverage is a smart idea.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Not even sure if there is a max...maybe for certain companies. For instance, I think my Aunt has a million for bodily injury liability. I was doing a quote on progressive looking for a lower rate, and they don't offer anything close to that on their site.

If I go with Progressive's "recommended" package they quoted me $65 a month, but it is a lot lower coverage than I have. I pay $84 a month for the following:

Bodily Liability: 300k each person 500k each occurrence
Property Liability: 300k each occurrence
Medical Expense: 10k each person
Comprehensive Deductible: $500
Collision Deductible: $500
Emergency Road Service
Uninsured Motorists: 300k each person / 500k each accident

Not really sure if I have "enough" coverage, or too much. Wouldn't mind dropping my payment by $20 a month, but not sure if having that "little" coverage is a smart idea.

Having little is definitely a bad idea. Shit happens...and you definitely want to be covered just in case you get shit on you. You're plan looks close to mine, I think I have a bit more in Liability than you, I just havent had time to look at it.

I know outside of USAA, progressive seems to have the best coverage all around. As soon as I get married in August and turn 25, my rates should fall to around $40-$50. Hopefully. I know my father right now pays about $50 a month for his and my mom's Prius.

Axleman

Ready to race!
Maybe getting old isn't such a bad thing:

39, married, clean record, State Farm, $500 deductible

My 2010 GTI $309/6 months
Wife's 2009 Jetta S $250ish/6 months

I'm sure it also helps that we have been with them for 20+ years and have 4 vehicles and our house insured with them.