GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
How's your big turbo project coming?

Aww man that wasn't even directed at me? That means I found this sick picture for nothing.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Wow some people have little to no knowledge on this stuff and I try to share what real world experience I have about it and why but no one wants to hear it and rather argue with incorrect info. Guess I'll bow out and be looking forward to everyone else's builds

Lol, wmi can definitely work in place of an intercooler if done property (it's not easy) but that's not what's in question here. We were talking about a street driven k04 car that doesn't have nearly enough flow or even a proper controller to do the job. The execution was the problem, not the idea.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Lol, wmi can definitely work in place of an intercooler if done property (it's not easy) but that's not what's in question here. We were talking about a street driven k04 car that doesn't have nearly enough flow or even a proper controller to do the job. The execution was the problem, not the idea.

I was only disputing the comments where people immediately ruled it out because of no intercooler like it wasn't possible

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
Wo, just read all that drama. Gotta love when you're not the one in the pissing match. Am i right Nick?, lol .

But fwiw, i was reading where i left and didn't even realize you guys were arguing till one of you came out and said it. I thought the info you guys were stating was good stuff, i like to know correct data. One of you wanted to generalize to help make a different point and the other just wanted to give exact information for those that may have like to known the detailed specifics, like me who is highly interested in VRT's. Thanks for the show and the info, lol.

Oh, and btw i dyno'd 404 and 435 on 93 and 100file w/meth on 22psi.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Wo, just read all that drama. Gotta love when you're not the one in the pissing match. Am i right Nick?, lol .

But fwiw, i was reading where i left and didn't even realize you guys were arguing till one of you came out and said it. I thought the info you guys were stating was good stuff, i like to know correct data. One of you wanted to generalize to help make a different point and the other just wanted to give exact information for those that may have like to known the detailed specifics, like me who is highly interested in VRT's. Thanks for the show and the info, lol.

Oh, and btw i dyno'd 404 and 435 on 93 and 100file w/meth on 22psi.

Good numbers, did you log by chance?

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Logs look good. Requested pressure on the rail should be raised if you plan on going any higher on the boost. I'm surprised you're only requesting 120psi.

On another note, I am getting a headache reading that F23T thread. Some guy is telling people -3/4 timing pull is bad and 0 is what you want at all times. Good luck.

Fucking .73-.77 lambda requests. Lol