GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI for an FRS..Trade or keep!?

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
A few years back, that means they used the old 2.0T with 210hp, right? These new ones with 276hp with some software, bolt ons and better tires would net some nasty numbers.

Yep. I was kind of shocked at the before and after from a mild turbo swap.

My wife had a 2011 3.8 Grand Touring Genesis Coupe and I found the ride to be horrible, as did she which is why she no longer has it. What surprised me about the Genesis Coupe was how quiet it was for the little sound deadening that they used in the car. The only reason I wouldn't own one is because my head hit the dang roof in my usual driving position. I'm 5' 11", and I can say with certainty that the BR-Z/FRS have more headroom than my wife's Genesis Coupe did.

Last edited:

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
GTI unreliability is over exaggerated on here, I know a few people with mk5's who never had any serious problems, and my 2010 mk6 has been amazing so far, just regular maintenance. Sure it's not carolla reliable, but it's far from being bad.
Well tbh I'd rather a Corolla explode than be stuck with it for life...bland cars they've become. OP keep the MK6, if you're not worried about tracking, need a DD and need reliability the Scion isn't insanely better. Especially with the build quality on the FRS...that cabin is dreadful. Would you really be getting a 'better' deal by getting a car you wont get the most out of anyway (as many have said when you're not pushing the FRS, you're not enjoying it)?
The only plus is the boxer rumble...in your situation.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Yep. I was kind of shocked at the before and after from a mild turbo swap.

My wife had a 2011 3.8 Grand Touring Genesis Coupe and I found the ride to be horrible, as did she which is why she no longer has it. What surprised me about the Genesis Coupe was how quiet it was for the little sound deadening that they used in the car. The only reasons I wouldn't own one is because my head hit the dang roof in my usual driving position. I'm 5' 11", and I can say with certainty that the BR-Z/FRS have more headroom than my wife's Genesis Coupe did.

That's crazy considering the dimensions for the FRS are not in favor of headroom :lol:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
That's crazy considering the dimensions for the FRS are not in favor of headroom :lol:

seating position affects headroom just as much as dimensions

The FRS actually has the seats properly low in the cabin so it has good headroom for a small car. The Celica I just drove recently, on the other hand, had high seats AND a sunroof so I could feel my hair hitting the roof at all of 5'10" unless I leaned the seat back.

The FRS seats being low, though, make the back seats impossible to use because there is no space under the front seat to put your toes.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I think its safe to say I'll be keeping the GTI unless a insane deal comes up. Well done forum

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424040204.564057.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Get a Lexus NX turbo.

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
Side profile is very nice. But whats up with those trapezoidal grills on all new Lexuses? (Lexi?)