GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I m done with VW post scandal

nevekd128

Ready to race!
emissions, ehhh
its not like vw installed faulty ignitions or has cars that accelerate on their own, or even airbags that spew shrapnel into your face.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
If you think it isn't that great, try a MK7. It is a big step up from the MK 6.

I already tried both the MK7 GTI and R. My conclusion is that I'm done with the GTI and the Golf R is officially off the table. Then, between my love/hate relationship with the GTI and my hate/hate relationship with the local dealership, I just don't see another VW in my future.

I know, I know, don't let the door hit me where the good lord split me.

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
I already tried both the MK7 GTI and R. My conclusion is that I'm done with the GTI and the Golf R is officially off the table. Then, between my love/hate relationship with the GTI and my hate/hate relationship with the local dealership, I just don't see another VW in my future.

I know, I know, don't let the door hit me where the good lord split me.

I have been away from the Brand for a bunch of years, and thought that I may never have one again. I almost bought a MK7 GTI (also wanted a MK7 TDI Sportwagen, but it wasn't big enough) and came across the MK6 I bought for a very good price with a CPO. I came from a 2007 Porsche GT3, and find this a lot of fun to drive, they are two totally different cars, and both fun IMO. The dealer thing can always be an issue, regardless of manufacturer. I also have a RAM 3500 and my wife has an MDX, and I will say the VW dealer that I deal with is the best of the 3.

If you leave and come back I won't say I told you so. Good luck with your search for your next car, nothing is perfect, and you will always find that they have there issues with the product and the dealers..

Sashko

what a coincidence that they got caught as soon as they got named the number one brand in the world, surpassing Toyota...
Rest assured, there's a lot more F'd up stuff out there that manufacturers do... like lets say... idk... GM knowingly killing their customers?!!!
Their biggest mistake so far was admitting guilt. Now they're open to prosecution on top of litigation that would've ensued regardless.
They should've retired the engineer that wrote the code, with a nice pension plan, and send him to a country with no extradition laws:bellyroll:

Toyota got torpedoed just a few years prior in a very similar fashion. Fat Wall-mart octomoms got the accelerator pedals stuck in carpets with their cankles. For some mysterious reason, the "problem" only appeared in the lawsuit-happy US market.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
Yep, same user name on DIYMA!

EDIT: you are welcome. This forum needs more dissenters who know that the GTI is nothing but a shadow of its former self!

ah I thought so.

This forum has to many fanboys. :iono: time to post whore on DIYMA. Plus I think updating the system might make driving this car feel better lol

Sent from my distraction device

Sebastian89

Ready to race!
ah I thought so.

This forum has to many fanboys. :iono: time to post whore on DIYMA. Plus I think updating the system might make driving this car feel better lol

Sent from my distraction device

Well it is a mk6 forum so yeah... mostly people interested in the cars are on this forum....
well, ya know... except a couple that come to bash the cars, while owning and/or modding a mk6 of their own!:lol::lol:

I still like vw,just like I always have. And man did I go through some sh*t with my car... from sub frame shifting to detonation and picking up pieces of my rods on the side of the highway. BUT, I know the car, I know what it's capable of and what it is not, and none of that stuff bothers me. It's my grown up LEGO set :)
I leave the waste gate clip rattle bitch*ng to others :bellyroll: