GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KC gti chipped?

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Labor cost?

I'm not in the KC area but I did get my GTI chipped at Bob Hindson Racing in KC.

How much did they charge you for install/labor? They are quoting me $200 for labor on top of the $600 for the tune...that seems a bit high labor for ECU tune only. Please let me know what he charged you so I can bargain a bit. Thanks!

mej

How much did they charge you for install/labor? They are quoting me $200 for labor on top of the $600 for the tune...that seems a bit high labor for ECU tune only. Please let me know what he charged you so I can bargain a bit. Thanks!

As you may (or may not) be aware, the ECU has to be removed from the vehicle for the initial flash. This is why most places are quoting two bills to do it.

For what it's worth, the APR dealer in Saint Louis only charges half that as I recall. (I'm in the local VW club, so it was even less for me.)

Hope that helps.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Yea, I'm pretty sure that's your only choice around here.

It may be your only choice but luckily they are AWESOME! I can't say enough good things about Aaron and Chris at BHR. They were friendly, extremely knowledgeable about the car and the APR product, and took great care with my car! Besides the finger prints I would never have known they worked on my GTI. The care they took with the engine compartment was tremendous, putting everything back together so one would never know the ECU was removed. Oh ya and the tune is phenomenal!!! Money well spent. If/when I have any other mods done I'll go back to BHR.

-Eric

Soflogtimk6

Go Kart Champion
I got mine flashed there. And yea it is cause they have to remove it